Finale-part I

"A dastardly wicked family will never be innocent, even after a hundred redemptions." The spicy, strong scent of Neroli makes it way to her lungs as she tries her best to pay no heed to Nicholas' comment. Ah! Good ol' Neroli! What a signature way of leaving an ounce of your essence wherever you go!  That's what she thought after noticing that Nicholas was present in her living room, sitting beside her. God knows how!

"I am not here to say the line 'you should have been careful' instead I want to apologise for what I have done to you. I realised that, perhaps my intentions were good but the way I chose to display them, was not ideal. I should not have lied to you and hid the truth from you. It's just that I thought you won't be able to take it, once you know your father died as a mere result of a misunderstanding." His words were like salt to an already opened, and thrashed wound. Sizzling more as it sunk down in her head. Making more blood pour out of her body at the sensations.

"You killed Blain." She desperately tried to distract herself by accusing him. For if she didn't, she knew she will succumb to those devilish charms of blood and murder. Again.

"Even though that statement is false, why must it bother you so?" On the other hand, Nicholas knew what he wanted. He knew what he was doing, he knew he could pursue Avery again. Just a little nudge to the wound.

Hearing his reply made Avery snap at him. He did. He was the one who killed Blain Coleman! When she looked at him, at his obsidian black eyes, she saw the glimpse of terror. The same shadow of death that every one of his victims saw. While she was still staring at him, wondering whether she was a victim or not, his hands reached to her shoulder. It burned her skin yet she could not retract herself. Was she becoming a victim too?

"I know you don't trust me. I have given you plenty of reasons afterall. That's why I can perfectly understand your action 2 years ago. It seemed correct to let me die. But Avery, I also know that you want answers. Answer to those unsaid questions which you have not even uttered in these 2 years. The killers are dead. And their children don't seem particularly guilty or anything. I will not interfere your decision this time or manipulate you. After that scumbag revealed what actually happened to uncle Henrick, do you think he will give you any closure?"

Rage is not good. Rage is not good. Avery calm down. Don't give in to his temptations. You can't let yourself be guided by your emotions again.

But the screams did not hear her prayer. Screams of her mother clutching her father's body. Screams of her own when she had nightmares about her father. Screams of how begrudgingly she took pleasure when she killed someone.

Finally after much thought, she looked at him. "Let's do it."

♤♤♤

At the Coleman's residence.

The night continued to pour itself out in the empty vessel sitting in Aiden's chest, filling it up with an abundance of its darkness and foolish hope. Hope that twinkled just like the stars on a clear night sky. Something so beautiful and surreal yet beyond our reach. And that's its beauty. To be never held by someone who needs it. Desperately.

The low humming sound of the car engine came to a stop, as Aiden parked his car infront of the mighty head quarter's building. The reality of this life catching up to him on tiptoes. Oh to be a lover of life! It's a misery. He stretched his head back after getting out of his car. His Zegna black wool fitted suit jacket riling up as he brushes his hair by his left hand.

He went inside the building only to find a baffled Ruby running towards him. "Aiden.....I don't....they are not .....switched off....Dom said....5 minutes befo--"

"Ruby, Ruby take a deep breath first. Relax...relax. Sit here, relax, breathe. Okay, breathe. I'm here. Calm down." He made her sit on the nearest chair and kneeled down in front of her, resting his hands on her knees. "Better? Hm?" He asked once he saw she was visibly shaking. "Hmm. I-I am fine. Listen, Aiden we have to do something. Dominic and Jason are not in the house, building, research center, not even in the university. They're nowhere. Even their phones are switched off."

Ruby said everything in such fast manner, it took Aiden a good 5 minutes before he could register each and every word she spoke. His brother's were not anywhere? Did they go somewhere? They always tell if they're going somewhere randomly like this. Atleast Dominic. "Ruby, are you sure you have searched everywhere? It's not a prank or some silly joke they're playing on you?" He asked again.

"No!! Aiden....Aiden you can go in the conference room. It's a mess. As if a storm came walking in. And don't you see something strange? The guards? The guards are not here. Not even one of them. It's as if they vanished. Poof!" That's right. I look around once again. There were actually no guards. How come I didn't notice it before? "I called Dominic and told him about this mess, he said he is coming in 5 minutes. After that I called him, his phone was also switched off. Y-you were also not picking up your phone!"

"I am utterly sorry Ruby, my phone must be discharged. The security cameras must have recorded something right? And Dominic took his car. His car has GPS so we can track him. Okay? Come with me."

She clutched onto my arm, "b-but if they were truly taken somewhere, wouldn't their car get confiscated? The GPS must be off."

"You are right but the GPS has memory. We can read it. We'll have an idea then. Now come."

They both ventured further into the building. It felt like that again. Like 10 years ago. That's the thought both of them had as they made their way to Aiden's spare bedroom in the office.

God please let it be a feeling only!