Keeping an eye out

Jason's POV.

"You see, persulfate variation is a clock reaction, which uses sodium,potassium or ammonium persulfate to oxidize iodide ions to iodine. Sodium thiosulfate is used to reduce iodine back to iodide before the iodine can complex with the starch to form the characteristic blue-black color. Okay, now please write the reactions, as follows:-

Iodine is generated:

2 I−   + S2O2−8 → I2 + 2 SO2−4

And is then removed:

I2 + 2 S2O2−3 → 2 I−  + S4O2+6  "

Chemistry is a subject of atoms and atomic molecular reactions. Something that we have been learning since 4th standard. As much thinking as it needs, it's a conceptual subject which requires your attention and memory power more than your logical ability.

And that's how I know that the second reaction is wrong. Instead of +6 in the end there should be -6. See, just a little attention and you will see yourself correcting a reaction written in a book.

The bell rang, announcing the end of the class as our teacher wished us well for our coming classes and made her way out. My current time was invested into, my complimentary subject i.e, Arts. Free hand sketches to be specific.

Our teacher, Mrs. Skelelov was a russian brunette in her early forty's. With snowwhite skin and little freckles around her round face, she was the most humble and cutest professor i have ever seen. Her yellow colored eyes which shone, like red in the sunlight, always encouraged us to be ourselves. To draw what we think and to express a part of ourselves, as an artist does in his/her paintings.

Art class was just what it was supposed to be for me, free and inspiring. Hence why i was sitting in front of the corridor, with my sketch pad and my pencils in my hand. An olive tree was occupying the beauty of university garden. Olive, the symbol of peace, wisdom along with fierceness and strength.

My hands started wondering around the blank, white paper in my lap and my mind started to think about the recent happenings in my life. It was Wednesday, 3rd September today. Two days have passed since the night, Avery was abducted.

When I first saw her in the van, I was shocked beyond limits. Her being in our van was something very unexpected and it was like, some cat really came and got my tongue. I said what came in mind first I.e, a comment about her clothing and earned myself a glare from Dominic.

When Uncle Waters came and checked her, I was still recovering from the shock of seeing her in our van. I know I am a grown up, that I am almost 19 years old and that the girl I saw, was literally someone I was imagining my brother to be with.But it was still nerve wrecking.

Just imagine being in your room, reading your favorite book and suddenly getting called about some misshapen. And what it is? That a girl is found in your van, her body is tied with ropes. How would you feel? I don't know how I should have felt, but I don't want to experience that ever again.

My hand stopped abruptly when I heard the sound of the bell. Bloody time! You don't know, you have already lost 45 minutes of your life, when you're going to think about something so...stressful.

I looked at my sketchpad in my hand, just the upper half of the olive tree. That too just the right side. Goddamn! Now I know why artists say, "this drawing took me 10 hours".

♤♤♤

------------
Jason was sitting in a right-angled position in his chair. His body was positioning like a pistol, ready to be triggered at any given moment.