Glimpse

Avery.

"What?!"

We all have that one blooming thing in our life, whose name is like a curse for us. Whenever we utter it, something fantastic that's going to uplift our day is jinxed. Heavily. In my defense, my oh-so-bloody mate's nightmare has ruined whatever sanity I had left for a day like today.

Two days ago, I got a message from the Coleman family. It read that someone named Rick Jonovic has some evidence about the gun. Although, this person said that whatever he shows, he'll not take any guarantee for it, I was ecstatic. Finally, I will get some news about that Goddamn thing!

I really jinxed it by feeling more happy than I should have.

Because now I am getting the news, that this said Berk is dead. Apparently, he had been burked when he landed in CWL Airport today at 09:15 in the morning. The worst thing is, all of his things have been stolen and I am getting this news on my phone.
Oh wait, it's on speaker. Great.

"Yeah, we just got the news too. The airline police has censored the case, so we cannot do much right now. On the other hand, since all his things are stolen, there is no contact proof they can get, that will lead them to us. That's a sort of good news." Seriously? Sort of good news? Is that what you think this is Jason?

I really want to smack this Arse upside down on his head. I take a deep breath and say,"All of his things are stolen, that also means that there is no information about the gun? I hope you understand that." I said in a voice which I believe is used for nursery kids. Gosh, I didn't think I had such patience.

"Not the whole truth." I heard Aiden's voice and immediately straightened my posture. Maybe because he always has a point, whenever he opens his mouth. Or probably due to his no-bullshit pitch. Yeah, that must be the reason. "Please elaborate your point." I suggested him.

"What I mean is that, even though many people know about that gun because of the scene it created an year ago, your attitude says that it has more to it. I assumed that you and Diana were the only person who knew about it because both of you talked about it with a passion. This incident just proved that maybe someone is there who knows about the gun, in the same manner as you do."

I listened to him explaining his point. But the more he talked, the more suspicion he raised inside me. He is absolutely correct that the gun is not an ordinary object. Not that I tried to portray it as one. But someone who knows about it in the same manner?

"Avery? Are you there?" I heard Ruby's voice as I snapped back to the phone call. "Yes, I very much am. Uh, the gun is not so special. Look what I want to say is, it's not worth killing for. Only 6 people including me, knew about the gun in the same manner as me. 5 of them are already dead...for good. So whoever killed him, must be one of his own enemies." That sounds about right. Though I was not sure myself.

I heard some shuffling noises in the background after which, Dominic's voice came into my hearing range. "I was the one who fixed this meeting and the one who was notified about his death firstly. Rick was a servant for another one of our clients, Williams. He barely survived the blast 4 years ago. Since then, he started his own company of halls and banquets. If he had any enemies, they could have very well finished him in these 4 years. And what's more surprising is that, he was killed just when was going to give us a major lead in the hunt of the gun. Not to mention, the unusual method of killing. You very well know that, burking someone ensures that you get rid of that person without leaving any prints on the body. This just proves Aiden's suspicion. Are there any other people who know about this, Frost?"

I very well know what burking is and who is especially specialised in that. But that...that cannot be the only thing. There are many things other than that, which say otherwise. Like...like...something must be there. "I will see." I rest the call from my side. My mind now ready to start it's engine of over-thinking. I better get to work before my mind does start over-thinking.

I sit in front of my computer as I search all the articles and news that are related to the Vernon villa blast, 2 years ago. I need to confirm this. If not, then I'll never be able to get rid of these unwanted 'What ifs'. The article which I was currently reading was about how many people died in the blast, where their bodies were found and what was done to it after this. The title, 'Aftermath' suited the article very much.

'An approximate of 150 DNA samples were found from the villa, in which 125 were belonging to the family of Chris Vernon and his guests. While the other 25 were of servants. All the samples of the guests and the family was found in the hall, the upper floor's bedrooms and the garden. 10 samples belonging to the servants were found in the ground floor. While other 10 on the 1st floor. The rest 5 were taken from the garage.'

Garage.
I thought. That's it! That's the place. If the people in the garage were all dead, then my doubts are cleared. Whew! I just need an extra proof. Time to call Michelle. I thought as I dialed her number.

♤♤♤

16:32 pm.

It was in the time of dusk that I got the confirmation call from Michelle. Now I can tell the Colemans that there is specifically no one alive that knows about the gun as me. Then they can continue their search. Oh Goodness! I was so worried.

I dialed the number that Aiden gave me, and waited for someone to pick up the call. "Hello?" I asked as someone picked up the call from that side.

"Avery. It's good that you have called. I was going to call you." I heard Aiden's voice answer me with a nervous chuckle. Going to call me? Why?

"Why?" I asked again. "Oh, umm there is a particular voice-mail from a particular someone, that arrived in our office today. And it's for you."

A voice mail for me? From whom?

"What does it say?" I ask. If he knows it's for me, I assume he has heard it. "Avery....it will be better if you come down and hear it yourself. I am sure you'll prefer it that way."

He cuts the call abruptly. Wow! What an explanation. But why would someone voice-mail me? And who?

Guess I'll have to find out myself.

___________________________________________