3 | Meeting my fiancée

Start from the beginning

A notification from Instagram popped up on his phone and he opened it. Speak of the devil. As if God wanted to rub it in his face of how good her dad treated her, he saw a picture of her with her father, clearly happy, with a new bag she had gotten. He clicked his tongue. What a daddy's girl.

Suddenly, banging came on his door. He lazily dropped his arm to his side and walked up to the door to open it. As he opened it from his side, the person on the other side decided to open it at the same time, quickly, making the door his the blonde right in the face.

He hissed in pain, stumbling back. Who ever that was was gonna get his fist, no matter what!...And then a brunette tumbled in. He immediately hid his fist behind his back and rubbed the back of his neck with his free one, chuckling nervously. The one-eyed brunette finally found his balance with a smile and looked up at the nervously smiling blonde.

"Oh thank goodness you're here Naruto! Kushina would have had me for dinner. Anyways, you gotta get ready. Something formal and casual at the same time." Naruto raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Obito," he started, "I don't get it. What? Like a formal-ish casual-ish kinda stuff?" Obito nodded quickly, a smile on his face. Naruto blinked, and blinked again, "Would cargo pants and T shirt work?"

Obito looked at the blonde with a deadpan expression. Did he really ask that? "No, dumbass. You should wear a casual white shirt and an office trousers or whatever." Now that was worse.

"No!" The two exchanged a few rather hurtful and critical words to each other while also trying to figure out what Naruto would wear to wherever Obito did NOT mention. "I'm telling you! Joggers and T Shirt would go well together!"

"It will not!" Obito screeched. His face squeezed more when Naruto ignored him and pulled out his phone.

"I got 20 missed calls from dad and..." his face twisted in horror, "1 from mum. I'm gonna die Obito what do I do?! Or wear?!" He panicked and tried to search for something to wear in the pile of messy clothes on the floor. He finally through on an orange high neck long sleeve shirt, a thin black blazer and ripped black jeans. "Put the address of where ever we are going on my phone, quick!"

He threw his phone towards the brunette and ruffled his blonde locks in an attempt to tidy it up. It only made it worse but did he care? Not really. He shoved his feet into any decent shoes that matched his clothes and ran out of the house, Obito following closed behind.

-

Panting really hard, Naruto and Obito stumbled into the studio the address Obito put had landed them, 15 minutes ago. Gosh Kushina was definitely going to have their heads. They looked around, looking for a blonde and a redhead but they found them first. Kushina waved her hand in the air to signal them. She had a sweet innocent smile on like the lady she was but behind to pearl blue eyes she was a devil in disguise, and Naruto and Obito knew that, making them gulp.

Releasing a sigh, Naruto straightened out his jacket, ruffled his hair once again and walked up to the group, shoving his phone in his pocket in the process. Obito was paralysed internally with fear but still moved his legs. He's gonna have to beg Minato to protect his from his devil if a wife, because they'd definitely see why they call her the 'Hot-blooded Habanero'.

'Act natural' Naruto kept muttering repeatedly to himself. 'Just act natural'. He walked up to his parents and gave an innocent smile. Kushina glared sharply at him before seizing his wrist sharply it made him wince in pain. Maybe acting natural didn't work.

"I do apologise for my son's lack of punctuality," Minato started, facing the Hyūga that stood, unfazed by the commotion going on in front of him, "We can go to where Hinata is now if you don't mind." The stone faced man gave a slight nod and turned round, leading the family.

Naruto didn't feel like moving however. Did he hear Hinata? As in, Hinata Hyūga? No. No, no, no, no, no. He dressed casual formal and it was for this? Going to see her? He felt his blood boil. He didn't feel irritated or angry but he knew didn't like the idea. Not one bit.

Without really giving him much of a choice, Kushina dragged Naruto towards the photo shooting part of the studio where Minato and Hiashi - Hinata's dad - stood, waiting for Hinata to be done with the first half of the session.

Finally, the bluenette stepped out and walked towards them, grabbing a lavender towel in the process. She stopped in front of them and gave a slight bow as a sign of respect towards the older members of the group but only gave Naruto a side glance. He scowled at her actions.

"Good Afternoon Father, Good Afternoon Minato-san, Kushina-san. Good day Naruto." She muttered the last part, not staring him a glance making a vein pop. Kushina wafted her hands in the air with a wide grin.

"Can we drop the formality? Like we're gonna be family soon y'know? Call me mum!" Hinata sweat dropped at her proposal then glanced at her dad who paid no attention to what had started to stir up, "If you don't, I'm calling off the marriage." That wouldn't be such a bad idea really but if she didn't wanted to endure trauma and maltreatment till the day she dies, she might as well not call her 'mum'.

Hinata gulped, "Okay Mother." Kushina grinned wider - if that was possible - feeling proud of her accomplishment while the bluenette felt weird inside. She felt sick to her stomach. After her real mother committed suicide when she was five, she had never let the word roll out of her tongue.

Her mother was selfish, if she even was a mother.

Out of selfish reasons, she abandoned her two daughters here on this dreaded earth to seek freedom. But what about the girls she left behind? Whose fault was it that she committed suicide? Of course the blame always goes to the oldest. She had the endure the most maltreatment for the safety of her younger sister till the day they die.

"Excusez moi madame." The man in charge of the photos shooting called out stopping everyone in their tracks - Naruto and Hinata in an argument and Hiashi, Kushina and Minato in a conversation - and forcing them to turn to him, "If you may please Madame, I have une idée magnifique!"

His eyes glistened and glanced over to Naruto as he spoke.

"No..." This was Naruto's unlucky day.