Chapter 42

Good morning sunshine I said while stretching out my hands. I just woke up and ready to start my day. Today is going to be the first day of my internship. I have finished everything needed sa school ko so wala na akong need na asekasuhin except sa internship ko. When I arrived here sa Manila last saturday para akong artista sa pagsalubong nila saakin dito sa bahay. My mom, nana ester, kuya Sandro and Athena are here sa house. Sila tito bong and tita Liza may inaasekaso daw kaya hindi nakapunta. Anong akala nila saakin, galing abroad para salubungin at isa pa 2 1/2 weeks lang naman akong nawala but I really appreciate the love and care they have for me. We just talk about what happened to me and to them for the days that we didn't see each other. Nana Ester said that she really missed me and hindi siya sanay na halos siya lang magisa sa bahay since mom is going somewhere for her work. Mom just got back from her work last friday and took a little rest for the weekends sa house and her business is doing fine just like how she imagined it to be. Kuya Sandro got quite busy from his work but still do make time for Athena and his family. Athena on the other hand had a great time with her family during their vacation in boracay, I wanted to go there also but this time with them soon. After taking a bath and wearing my business attire, I grabbed my things and went downstairs to eat my breakfast. I saw mom and nana Ester in the dining area.

Good morning mom and nana. I greeted them.
Good morning anak. They both greeted me back.
Ready for your first day? Mom asked me.
Yes mom. I answered her.
Anong nararamdaman mo? Nana ester asked me. What do I feel?
I'am excited but a little bit nervous nana. I answered.
That is normal anak. Just remember to do your best and enjoy there okay? Mom said to me.
I would definitely do that mom. I said and smiled at her.
Kaya mo yan anak. Ikaw pa ba? Nana Ester said.
I know nana and thank you. I said and smiled at her as well.
Always remember what your dad always tells you. Mom said.
Yes mom. Always do your best and don't forget to enjoy. I said to her and she nodded. Dad always tells me to do my best but don't forget to enjoy because everything that you do with enjoyment would make everything worth it even though that means working under pressure. That is what my dad always thought me.
Magiging maayos ka lang doon. Nandoon naman yung tito mo. Nana Ester said.
I know nana but I don't want tito's help. I just wanted to have my internship fairly. I don't want any special treatments. I said to them.
But how will you do that? We have old employees there and your surname. Mom said.
The old employees knows about it already and I am using your maiden surname mom. I said.
Oh! Okay. Lets have breakfast already. Mom said.
Tara at baka malate kayong dalawa sa mga lakad niyo. Nana Ester said and we all sat down.
Where are you going mom? I asked mom as we finished praying and started to get food.
Someone booked a catering service for wednesday so I need to check the place. Mom said and I nodded.

We just continued eating and we are talking about stuffs just like going on a vacation if I had a free time just mom and I. I really wanted to go on a vacation with her, since dad died I rarely have a vacation with mom. After eating, I brushed my teeth and checked on my things to bring in the living room and so does my mom while nana Ester is washing the dishes.

I'll go ahead mom. I don't want to be late. I told her.
Good luck on your first day anak. My mom said and hugged me.
Thank you mom. I said to her and went to nana Ester.
Nana I'll go ahead. I said to her.
Take care of yourself okay? Nana ester said.
I will nana. I said to her and I hugged her for goodbye and went back to get my things sa living room.
Bye mom. I said and waved my hands  at my mom who is still fixing her things.
Drive safely. Mom said to me and waved back.

I went outside and get in my car. Dadaanan ko pa si Athena para sabay na kameng pumasok. After a few minutes of driving I arrived at their house and I saw Athena who is waiting for me infront of their house. We were just talk about how we are excited and a little nervous about our first day today and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. After 30 minutes, nakarating na kame sa building. As I parked at the parking lot of the building, I saw Athena who is still amazed by the view here. She's been here for the first time when we got interviewed for the internship but she is still really amazed by the view. Bumaba na kame ng car and pumasok na kame sa building and umakyat sa 2rd floor which is yung office.

Good morning po ma'am. I greeted tito's secretary as I saw her.
Good morning po. Athena also greeted her.
Good morning din. Lets go at hinihintay na kayo ni Sir sa office niya. She said referring to my tito. She assisted us to tito's office.
Sir the interns are already here. She said after she knocks and opens the door.
Let them in. I heard tito said and pinapasok na niya kame and she went back to her work.
Good morning sir. Athena greeted my tito.
Good morning po sir. I greeted him.
Don't be too formal when its just us. Tito said and smiled at us.
Good morning tito. I greeted him again.
Good morning to you too my beautiful niece. He said and smile. And also to her beautiful bestfriend. She greeted Athena also.
Tito naman. I said to him and laugh
Anyways, you know the rules and regulations of the company already right Sunny? He asked me and I nodded.
Yes po tito. I answered him.
Did she tell you the rules and regulations Athena? He asked Athena.
Yes she did po tito. She answered. Kilala naman na ni tito si Athena kase parehas silang andun every birthday celebration ko.
Very well. I will not allow you to do heavy and complicated works just printing and encoding will be fine for now. Tito said to us.
But that is going to be boring tito. I said to him.
I know but, we need to do things slowly because others might notice. He said.
I understand. I said and sighed.
I know you wanted an exciting job to do but let us just reserve that for the next few months. Tito said to me.
I know tito. I said to him.
Wag kana maginarte, we are lucky that we are having our internship here and soon bibigyan din naman tayo ni tito ng exciting work, diba tito? Athena said to me and asked tito.
I surely will. Tito answered her.
See? Athena said and that made me smile.
Lets go, I will introduce you to the employees. Tito said and lead us outside.
Attention everyone. Tito said loudly so the employees could hear him. They stop what they are doing and listened to tito. As you all know that we are really not accepting interns here in our company but a good friend of mine asked me a favor if we could have interns this year from their school, I said yes but the students must be interviewed first and shoul pass the standards of the company before being our intern so these two ladies right here are the only ones who passed. He said and pointing at me and Athena. This lady right here is Miss Lopez. He said and pointed at Athena.
Hello po! You can call me Athena po. Miss Lopez is to formal. Athena greeted the employees and stated while smiling.
And this lady beside me is Miss Generoso. Tito introduced me. Athen is not surprised anymore because I had told her about it earlier.
Good morning everyone. Ange or angel will just be fine. I greeted and said to them and just like Athena, I plastered a big smile.
They are starting their internship today and they are staying here for months with us so I am expecting all of you to welcome them and guide them. Am I clear? Tito said and asked them.
Yes Sir. They all said in union.
I've already told you what works should be given to them so kayo na ang bahala sa kanila. You can all go back to work. Tito said to them and they all went back to what they are doing.
So girls, you both can stay at the table at the end. Enjoy your stay here and good luck. Tito said to us.
Thank you Sir. I stated and smiled at him.
Thank you sir. Athena also said.
I'll go back to my office now. Tito said and we both nodded and smiled at him and he went back to his office and we went to the table na tinuro niya.

Ready to have a productive day.

Sorry for the grammarical errors ✌️