Chapter 25

What is in there? I asked her.
Its probably for you... She said that make me look at her confusedly. It has your name written in it. She continued. It has my name in it?
Give it to me. Let me see it first. I said to her and she handed me the paper.

The paper is folded onto 3 and its kinda old already. My name is written outside the paper.
I opened the paper and read it silently.

Dear Sunny;

Its been 3 years since I first met you. As days goes by we became much closer and have been part of each others family already. I've seen you and Sandro talking earlier in the garden. I've heard him saying he has a crush on you. Do you feel the same way for him too? I left after hearing him say those words to you. I don't want to hear what you would say to him. I hope I also had the courage to tell you straightforward what I really feel for you. You may have thought me to be straightforward to what I feel and want to others but my tongue seems to be stuck inside my mouth everytime I try to tell you what I feel. You became a huge part of my life and from being my bestfriend, my feelings for you keeps on growing. I know that its kinda not believable and we are still so young but I know to myself that I love you. I already love you. I hope that when the time comes that I already have the courage to tell you straightforward what I really feel for you, no matter you feel the same way or not, you would still treat me as your bestfriend. I hope that things would never change because I can't lose someone like you. I think this letter would just stay here with me. I don't know if I would have the courage even just to give this to you.

From: Your Bestfriend that Loves You
Simon

I was to shock and speechless after reading his letter for me. So if this letter was written 3 years of knowing each other that means this letter was written 11 years ago? That is why the paper is kinda old. He saw and heard us talking sa garden that time? I told kuya Sandro I just treat him like my older brother after he tells me he had a crush on me. Is this the reason why he is acting so weird that day and the days after? He also hadand will always have a huge part of my life and who I am today. Kuya Sandro is right last time, we were both straightforward but never had the chance to tell each other what we really feel. The time he wrote this letter, I may not felt the same way but I know that I like him that time and after he left,I realized that my feelings for him is getting stronger. Our friendship will never change no matter what happens when he decides to come back. I treasure him and our friendship that much that I can't afford to loose him just because we have feelings for each other. I now know that eto yung letter na tinutukoy niya sa last letter niya for me that he has written a letter for me when we were still young but he misplaced it. Destiny finds its way for me to be able to see and read this.

Huy! Sunny... BEST... Athena said while snapping her fingers infront of my face.
Y-yeah? I answered her.
I said what is that all about. Your spacing out. She said to me and laugh a little.
Here read it. I'll explain to you if you have questions about it. I said to her and handed the letter to her.

Athena starts reading the letter. She is just focused reading it and she starts to aske me some random questions about it.

Exactly how many years is this letter already? She asked me.
11 years. I said to her.
11 years? That is really old. She said. She continued reading the letter again.
He saw and heard Sandro telling you he had a crush on you. That seems so painful in his part. Athena said. I already mentioned to her about the crush thing and I already told her what I feel for kuya Sandro that is why she didn't ask about it already.
I don't feel the same way with kuya Sandro tho. I said to her. She just continued reading the letter.
But he doesn't know about that. Athena said.
The time he wrote the letter? No but he knew after a couple of days. I said to her. A few days after that Simon is still acting so weird towards me and kuya Sandro so kuya Sandro said he confessed that has a crush on me then he said that I didn't feel the same way and just treated him as kuya. That is why kuya Matthew keeps on teasing us.
Exactly the point, he doesn't know when he wrote the letter. She said again.
Remember what I told you about the last letter Simon left me? I asked Athena.
Yes! What about that? She asked while still reading the letter.
This is the letter he is talking about. I said to her.
The letter he said he misplaced? Athena asked again.
Yes. I was really meant to see and read this letter. I said to her.
Yeah! He said he loves. What about you? Are you feeling the same way for him? Athena asked me.
You know the answer to that question. I said to her. I always tell her my true feelings for Simon.
You are not yet sure but he is special to you. She answered and I nodded.
I am not sure if this is already love but I am sure that he is special to me and ayaw kong mawala siya. I said to Athena. I can't imagine my life nit having him as part of it.
Are you planning to tell him that you found the letter? She asked me.
I will probably do that. He is also hoping he could give it to me also the day he left. I said to her.
The only question right now is how? You don't have any communications with him. Athena said. She is right but there are so many ways for me to be able to tell him.
I'll definitely ask kuya Sandro's help. I said to her. I've asked kuya Sandro a favor last time so there is nothing wrong if I would ask him again.
Sandro na may crush sayo ang magiging tulay niyo? You know what people are saying about bridges right? Athena asked me. Ayan na naman siya sa mga sinabi ng iba.
I know that and to clarify things to you, kuya Sandro and I treat each other like siblings just like how we treat each other. I said to her.
Yeah! And Sandro is mine hahaha. She jokingly said while laughing. Kita mo talaga to may pa Sandro is mine pa siyang nalalaman.
May jowa ang tao. I said to her.
Maghihiwalay din sila. She said and inirapan pa ako. I am just telling the truth.

Sorry for the grammatical errors✌️
Thank you po sa 1.11k reads and 73 votes. I do really appreciate it 😘