Chapter - 76 | Sides That Differ

Start from the beginning

"Laddoo ko...", Mimi got into deep thinking.

"Yaad aaya !...", something clicked Mimi's mind.

"Kya yaad aaya Shona ?...", Anokhi asked intrigued.

"Mumma..."

"Jichh din aap muje chhab chhe (sab se) pehli baal (baar) college leke gaye the naa... Uchhi din muje Laddoo mile the..."

Anokhi's mind wandered back to the first time she visited SIEST as she listened to this. After pressurizing her mind, she remembered Mimi helping someone whose handkerchief had fallen on the way, and she had named the person "Laddoo", but the person had left her in the middle of a conversation for some reason.

She realized now that the person Mimi had helped and referred to as "Laddoo" was none other than Shaurya Sir.

"Oh..."

"Achcha..."

"Toh aap tabse Laddoo ko jaante ho Mimi..."

"Haan Mumma..."

"Uchh din vo muje chholkal (chodkar) chale gaye the aul muje lga tha ki chhaayad maine unhe Laddoo bulaaya tha ichhliye vo guchha ho gaye the..."

"Pal fil doochhli baal jab vo mujchhe mile the naa... Tab unhone muje btaaya tha ki vo muj chhe bilkul bhi naalaaj nhi the... Aul unko Laddoo naam bhi bohot pachhand aaya tha Mumma..."

"Uchh din ke baad chhe main humechha unhe Laddoo hi bulaati hoon...", Mimi detailed her first encounters with Laddoo.

Anokhi smiled softly as she watched her daughter adoring her Laddoo, and she had no idea it was her Mumma's Professor.

"Mumma..."

"Laddoo toh bohot achche hai..."

"Vo apna plomish humechaa nibhaate hai... Vo loj muj chhe milne aate hai aul muje apne chhaath apne ghal (ghar) bhi le jaate hain Mumma... ", Mimi admired her Laddoo.

"Ghar le jaate hain ?...", Anokhi's brows scrunched.

"Haan Mumma..."

"Vo apne ghal mein akele hi lehte hai... Vha bohot chhaali kitaabe bhi hoti hain maine dekha hai... Aul vo vha apna homevalk (homework) bhi kalte hai baithke..."

Anokhi slowly deciphered her words and concluded that Mimi might have been talking about his cabin, but her eyes widened in surprise realizing that he used to take Mimi with him every day to his cabin and she never got to know about it. She wanted to know his purpose behind it.

"Mimi..."

"Laddoo aapko roz unke cabin-... Matlab apne ghar le jaate hai ?..."

"Har roz ?!...", she exclaimed, astonished.

"Haan loj Mumma...", Mimi answered.

"Lekin Shona... Vo aapko roz apne ghar le jaate the... Par yeh baat toh aapne mujhe kabhi nhi btaayi Shona... Aur main toh jab bhi aapko lene aati hoon tab aap Pinni Aunty ke paas hi hote ho... Toh fir Laddoo ke saath aap kab jaate ho Mimi ?...", she couldn't understand how Mimi used to accompany him every day and she never told her about it.

Mimi realized as she listened to her Anumaa that she had never informed her Anumaa about Laddoo taking her to his home with him as her Anumaa had told her not to go outside the kitchen.

"Mumma..."

"Voh..."

"Jab aap mujhe dopahel (dopaher) ko milne aate ho... Uchhke baad Laddoo bhi muj chhe milne aate hai... Aul fil muje apne chhath apne ghal le jaate hai... Aul fil vo muj chhe dhel chhaali (dher saari) baatein bhi kalte hai... Aul fil main unko kaam kalte hue bhi dekhti hoon..."