Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!

Start from the beginning

"Sure!" she softly said and made her way to the counter.

"Hey, Droy, are you putting more stress on the ground these days?" Laki asked.

"You trying to say I got fatter, wench?!" he told her defensively.

"Don't take it out on Laki. And don't you have any self-awareness?" Jet defended Laki while leaning on his chair.

"Look at Reedus! See how slim he's gotten?!" Jet added in.

"Oui. This is my true form." Reedus said while looking at his canvas.

"I've been in training! Can't you tell from these muscles?!" Droy defended.

"Not really..." I mumbled under my breath. Droy turned to look at me.

"What was that?!" he ranted.

I held up my hands in defense, followed by a sweat drop. "N-nothing!" I stuttered.

"And see how ladylike Kinana and Cynthia has become! Compared to them, you're..." Jet started to mention. Kinana and I just looked at each other and then back to the two who were arguing.

"Shut up! I'm trying to increase my magic power by eating!" Droy shouted out.

"Both of you, cut it out!" Laki finally said to calm down the two, making Kinana to let out a big sigh.

"Jeez. What would Levy say if she could see you now?" Jet said.

"Levy's not coming home!" Droy shouted.

This caught everyone's attention and even mine. Droy noticed his sudden outburst and was in shock at what he said. I looked at him from my seat to give him one of my death glares and he shut his lips tight with sweat dripping from his face and sat back down in his seat quietly. The air in the room got silent, painful and heartbreaking.

"Oui..." Reedus said and went back to his painting.

The doors suddenly opened and there stood five members of the damn Twilight Ogres. This got me angry and I clenched my fists tightly. Kinana noticed me and held my hands to help calm me down, which it did. I nodded and inhaled softly turning back to face the intruders.

"Well, well." the leader said. "As always, this place is dead from the afternoon on... That's what I hate about pissant guilds!" he added with his hands in his pockets. I wanted to wipe all of those smirks from their ugly faces and put them in their place. Damn ogres. The shortest one gave out a weird laugh. I'm not going to let them do this, not now not ever! But I remembered that Kinana told me to calm down and stay put, which I hesitantly did.

"Teebo... I told you to stay away from here!" Macao said as he walked towards them with his partner Wakaba beside him.

"Hey, hey. Is that any way to talk to us...Members of Magnolia's number one wizard guild, Twilight Ogre?" Teebo smirked.

Damn that Teebo. How dare he call themselves as Magnolia's number one wizard guild. They weren't even that strong! I could've beat them right now since I was still considered as an S-Class Mage but under Macao's order as Master, he didn't allow me to. That really got me frustrated. I noticed all of the men walked up behind Macao and feeling my instincts kicking in, I walked up beside Macao with a pissed look on my face.

"You may once have been the strongest guild in Fiore, but that era is over. Between this ramshackle old tavern and Twilight Ogre, the wizard guild of the new age, one glance is all it takes to tell which is more useful to the development and progress of Magnolia." Teebo commented.

"Acting big just because you've got a huge guild..." Max started.

"That's right! We've got soul!" Warren added in.