Semi Final Frontier! CH-81

Start from the beginning

Ash smiled at her responds. It warmed his heart to see how much she had grown. When they started their journey through Kalos, she was nothing but shy and nervous about anything. She hated getting dirty and didn't like challenges. But overtime, she started to overcome her shyness and became a determined, dependable person. She always praised him for encouraging her but deep down Ash knew it was mostly because of herself. By the words never give up until it's over, Serena became stronger and stronger. And when she felt down, he was there to pick her right back up. It was also the other way around. When he felt depressed after his loss at the Snowbelle gym, she was there to revive his courage and determination.

He now knew that he missed her as soon as they departed. The sweet and cute smile she always gave him, it warmed him and gave him the strength he needed to face any challenges he had to conquer. She was the reason he never gave up, even if he didn't realise it back then.

Ash gazed deep in her Cerulean blue eyes while she couldn't stop staring in his Hazel brown eyes. They were eachothers soulmates and they knew it. Everything that they would face, they'd face it together.

"Are you ready?" Ash asked, breaking the trance they were both in.

"Almost." Serena spoke softly before she closed her eyes. Ash immediately knew what she meant and closed his own eyes. Slowly their faces inched towards each other before their lips finally touched. A jolt of electricity sparked inside their bodies as they shared the deep and passionate kiss right there and then. Time froze and if there were any nerves, they're were long gone now. The trust they had in each other was impossible to describe.

After they broke apart to catch some air, they stared into eachother's eyes again with a smile on their faces. "Now I'm ready." Serena wispered and ready they were. Nothing was gonna stop them now and they knew it as they looked at each other.

"You know Serena---" Ash said, raising his voice slightly while Serena looked curiously at him as he continued. "I love you." Ash finished. Serena giggled before she wrapped her arms around his neck and giving him another peck on the lips. "I love you too." She said after moving her head back.

Ash looked at her with a sweet smile before it changed into a determined one. "Let's go, they're waiting for us by now." He spoke with his usual grin as he took Serena's hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Welcome everyone by the semi finals of the tag tournament of Sycamore High! Today our first battle will be between Dawn en Paul from Sinnoh---" Sycamore yelled dramatically as Dawn and Paul entered the field "---and School Champion Ash and his girlfriend Serena from Vaniville Town in our own Kalos Region---!" He finished, even more dramatically as Ash and Serena entered their trainers box.

"This will be a double battle where each trainer can use up to two pokemon! The battle will be over when either side's pokemon are unable to battle. Substitutions are allowed and there's no time limit. Are you ready?" The referee asked.

Ash, Serena, Dawn and Paul nodded to which the referee nodded to himself. "Good, you may choose your pokemon!"

"Togekiss, spot---light!" Dawn yelled as she threw the pokeball into the air, releasing the fairy/flying type who gracefully flew circles in the air.

"Torterra! Stand by for battle!" Paul exclaimed as he threw his pokeball forward with a serious face. The massive Continental pokemon materialised infronf of him and roared loudly. Paul looked forward to battle Ash. He knew Ash had become a lot stronger since the Sinnoh League and therefore he had to bring his A game. He decided to use his two strongest pokemon, which his starter was one of.

"Deerling! Let's go!" Serena exclaimed, throwing the pokeball and releasing the small deer. "I hope that the story of beginner luck you told me about works Ash!" Serena said as she mentioned to Ash's Kingler's first battle.