A New Reality

First ever multi-chapter, LONG non-One Piece story! I'm so excited to post it! I did my best to keep most of the characters in character, but it's my first time exclusively writing them, so please be kind. Though some are purposely out of character for reasons. I read a story where it took place around the major events of the canon timeline, so that's what I did!

Rated M for a mildly sexual scene that has very little description. You can skip them if you want. I wrote this while at my family's home for Christmas, holed up in my bedroom lol. MalexMale relationships, beware.

Also, there is quite a bit of child abuse in this. A lot. It's from Shoto's point of view, but I just made his childhood worse. Spoilers for Dabi's past, but I'm sure everyone knows who he really is by now.

Enjoy~

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Endeavor raged at his seven year old, youngest child while he was laying a hospital bed, IV bags in both inner elbows. There was also a metal jug full of blood next to his bed. He unconsciously pulled the blankets up to his chin, worried that Endeavor would get physical with nobody there to witness.

Touya had gone to the cafeteria to get some food for himself. He was the one to stay over when mom had to go home to keep an eye on the other two. They were all worried about him, but the doctor and specialist said only a few people should be let inside while the attack was still fresh. So Touya offered to visit the most often. Endeavor hadn't come before, yet he walked in and started screaming at Shoto.

He wished he had another blanket, literally feeling the heat coming off of his angry father and abuser. He'd never been able to feel that, but he was aware of more things now than he was before. When it was cold, he shivered, when it was hot, he sweat. It didn't seem to matter he had a quirk of both ice and fire, the temperature still affected him.

Honestly, he had no idea what to say, and did his best not to cry. Crying in front of Endeavor got scolding and threats. Shoto was surprised his father would get into a rage fit in public. Sure, he wasn't on duty and this was an isolated room, but if he got caught, it might look bad for him. And he didn't like things looking bad for him.

Still, Shoto didn't reply, and just wanted him to leave. At least he didn't smell like the nurses did. He smelled bad, in a way the boy couldn't identify. Not like a rotten smell or anything conventionally bad. He just wouldn't be able to describe it if he even tried. "Answer me! How did this happen?!"

Hadn't his other family told him about it? Shoto would much rather not be the one to have this conversation. He was about to try to explain the attack, what he remembered, but then Touya walked in with a tray of food. He saw Endeavor and his eyes narrowed in distaste. He hated the man with a passion.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in disgust, like Endeavor was an eyesore, something awful to look at. "Don't you know you're supposed to be quiet and calm?" he snapped. It was true, Shoto's senses were now heightened and bordering painful. And angry or excited people had their hearts pump faster, which made them smell stronger. Touya and the other three were understanding about it, when they visited. And when his mom talked on the phone with him, she always had a soft voice, sounding calm.

Shoto assumed she was being hurt at home because of what happened to him, even though it was nobodies fault. Nobody should be blamed for it. Shoto was young, but he knew that it was irrational to point a finger at anyone, let alone his family. And the one who attacked him was dead.

In fact, he was dead because Shoto's quirk activated and burnt him alive. He was unconscious at that time, so he couldn't hear the man's screams. But others did, and found Shoto in his condition. Bloody cuts and marks everywhere, and looking deathly pale and feeling cold. It had been in the ambulance when he woke up, and was restrained to the bed.