Bad Day

Y/n is having a bad day outside of the loop and returns home to Miss Peregrine
~~~~~~~

Today is going to be amazing, I said, no bad luck today.

Today was...interesting.

First I made my way to work and got fired by my boss for showing up two minutes late, then on the way back I tripped on someone dog that ran in front of me and face planted onto the ground leaving me to have a bloody nose and lastly when I soon made it to the loop, it started raining and I slipped in the mud.

Fun.

As I trudged up to the home for peculiars, I rubbed my face and sighed.

"Today was just hell." I mumble as I walk towards the house. I raise my arm and turn the knob to get hit with a whiff of vanilla coming from Almas pipe. She was in the kitchen.

Oh gosh, I look terrible. She cannot see me right now.

I silently walk over to the steps and start walking up until Hugh saw me.

"Oh, your home!" He says with a smile and walks outside.

I hear Alma walking over to the staircase now.

Dammit Hugh.

"Hello love, how was work-" She pauses mid sentence when she sees me, half drenched in rain, blood smeared around my nose, and a little bit of mud on my shirt. Her shocked expression soon drifts into concern and curiosity.

"I've gotta go." I say and gently walk over to our room and shut the door behind. "God, that was embarrassing." I whisper.

I quickly change out of my clothes and dry my hair. Afterwards I started cleaning the blood of my nose which somewhat stained on. I jumped a little when I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Love, may I come in?" I hear Alma say and I couldn't dare say no.

"Yes." I say with a sigh and I hear the door open and her enveloping me in a hug from behind. She lays her head on my shoulder and I smell the sweet vanilla scent from her pipe.

I look down from the mirror and try not to think about the day. I cannot just self pity myself all the time, I can shrug it off. Bury it behind.

"Dear, what happened?" I hear her mumble behind me and I grip the napkin I was using for my nose at just the thought of my boss.

"Nothing. I'm just having what someone would call a bad day." I say, anger rising at the thought of it all. I sigh and rub my head. Don't get upset, this is your fault, don't be mad.

Alma frowns and seems to want to know more but instead she let's me be, knowing I don't want to talk about it.

"Alright, but at least let me help you." She says and I shake my head.

"No, it's alright." I say, but she spins me around to where I'm facing her and she sits me down on the edge of the bed. She takes the napkin from me and goes to get another. When she returns, she gently kneels down in front of me and starts gently dabbing at me nose.

As her focus was on something else, I started thinking more about my boss.

I arrived to work a little late due to traffic and from walking out the loop. I sped into my office and accidently ran into my boss in the progress. She was already in a bad mood and I think I made it worse.
"Sorry" I say, with a nervous smile and she scowls at me.
"Two minutes late?" She questions and I had to be honest so I nodded.
"Look, you have to be on time but you always end up a little late." She says.
"I'm sorry Miss, but traffic was really bad today." I say and she shakes her head.
"If you can't get this figured out then I have no choice but to fire you." She says and I felt a stab of spite.
"Fire me? Just because I'm only two God damn minutes late?" I say and she shakes her head.
"Y/n, I have no choice, but you're fired." She says and walks out, leaving me behind.
I throw my papers on the ground and leave.
I was only two minutes late.

"Y/n?" I snapped out of my thoughts noticing Alma talking to me. "I finally got your attention?" She smiles and I sent her one back, but my bottom lip quivered.

Not right now, this is a stupid reason to be upset.

She gets up and throws the napkin away, returning back to lean my head up so she could kiss me. When her lips almost touched mine, she saw my smile falter and she stopped midway.

"Hun, really, whats wrong?" She says as she gently carrases my face in her hands. I bite my bottom lip to get it to stop but in the process I broke down.

Alma hugged me, burying my head in her chest and rubbing my back.

"I love you so much and I don't know how to help you if you don't tell me." She says gently.

She kneels down to where we are in eye level and she wipes away my tears.

"I'm sorry." I say and she kisses me gently.

"You don't need to be sorry, none of this is your fault." She says and I shake my head.

"No, it is. I was late for work and if I wasn't maybe I wouldn't have lost my job. Maybe if I was paying attention I wouldn't have face planted into the god damn sidewalk." I say, my anger coursing through despite the tears that were running down.

Alma listens and stands up to sit beside me on the bed. She lays up on the pillows dragging and holds her hands out.

"Come here." She says and I crawl up into her arms, burying my face into her chest taking in her sweet vanilla scent. She messes with my hair as I lay on top of her. "None of this was your fault." She says gently.

"Shouldn't you be down with the children?" I say, suddenly remembering they were downstairs.

"They will be alright, I told them me and you were going to have a talk and they said they wouldn't get into any trouble." She says.

She continues playing with my hair as I listen to her breathing which soon calms down mine.

I bring my arms up and wrap them around her waist and she brings her hand down into my back and gently rubs it.

"None of this is your fault."
~~~~~~~~~

Me over here just wishing I could find someone like this😫