Slow Down

Everytime I do something my mind leads to more things I have to do. This causes me to be doing multiple things at once which then leads to me being stressed out.

I can't stand it.

Today was one of those days. Alma was outside with the children leaving me inside.

I decided to clean the bedroom and, well, you can kind of guess how that went.

It went from me making the bed, to tidying the desk, to cleaning the shelves, and a whole lot more. All at the same time.

It's strange. You know that you are doing it but you cannot stop. It stresses you out if you do it or if you let it go. Either way makes you go crazy.

As I was cleaning, Alma walks in.

"Dear, weren't you just doing the dishes and that was it?" She says as I finish up the shelf.

"Yes, but I thought I would clean up here as well." I say, not looking her in the eye.

I bustle about as she watches me. Just as I was about to finish the desk top, she gently but firmly grabs my wrist.

"Y/n slow down." She says, concern and love lacing her voice.

"I can't." You say and try to continue but she holds you back again.

"Yes you can." She says and pulls you away from the desk and into her arms.

"I can't." You whisper and start to sob. "I want to, but I can't."

Hearing you made Alma's heart break as she hugged you harder. She leaned her head down onto yours and kissed your forehead.

"I know you can, hun." She says as she wraps you up in her arms again.

She was about to let go when you tugged onto her sleeve, your eyes still closed and buried under her chin.

"Please don't." You say and she hugs you again. "Don't leave."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

Based off how I feel when cleaning my room constantly lol