Little bird

Short story of your peculiar ability is turning into a bird! Your not a ymbryne of course though.
_____________

Y/n was never a great part of their parents lives.

They loved her but they could get so stressed over her not doing this and that they way they want it.

Normally y/n would get stressed just from them getting stressed.

Well, one morning you left to go for a short jog which was your way of secretly flying without your parents knowing your strange ability.

As you were walking, a stranger bumps into you.

"Whoops, sorry." You say with a polite smile and start to walk off when you feel them grab your arm.

"Do I know you?" You ask, which was really dumb at the moment considering you knew for a fact you didn't know them.

No reply.

You shifted a bit, uncomfortable.

"Do you mind letting me go?" You ask, desperate.

Just a small gruff in reply.

You tried yanking your arm out but the stranger was holding on tight.

"Sir, let. Me. Go." You say, emphasizing each word to sound just a tad bit more frightening.

He started dragging you towards him and that's when you started struggling against his grip.

His fingernails dug into you when he pulled out a knife.

He held it up against your throat and told you to stay still.

You obeyed knowing that you would be killed right then and there.

You thought this was the end till you heard another person. It was a women.

"Please let me go." You whisper to the unknown voice in front of you.

"Let her go now or else." She says in a stern firm voice.

After a few minutes of nothing the women moves towards the man and yanks him off of her.

He grunts as he falls back and must have given up becahse he starts to walk away.

"Thank, thank you," you say, stuttering from the adrenaline.

"Are you alright dear?" Her voice was almost like a mother, sweet like honey and full of care. You felt safe just being around this womens present.

"Yeah, I think," you say, not being able to comprehend anything at the moment.

The women nods and begins to walk away when all of a sudden you see her turn into a bird.

She was about to fly off but you stopped her.

"Wait!" You say and the falcon flys back down and transforms back into the women.

"You can do it too..." you say, awestruck.

"Pardon?" She says, tilting her head a little to the side.

You think about what your about to do.

Is this a good idea? Maybe, she has the same peculiar talent I have...

Y/n takes a deep breath and turns into a cardinal and flaps up around the women and perches on her shoulder.

She chuckles softly and rubs your head.

"You are peculiar after all," she says. "Emma thought you were and I wasn't sure but now I know."

You fly off from her shoulder and land gently on the ground shifting back.

"I wasn't expecting you to be peculiar." You say.

She smiles warmly and holds out her hand.

"Miss Alma Peregrine, you can call me Miss Peregrine." She says.

You take her hand and look up at her.

"Y/n y/l/n." You say in return.

"Would you like to come with me and meet the others?" She asks, smiling as she sees your smile.

"There are others?" You say in wonder.

"A lot in fact." She states.

You couldn't believe this!

"I would love to!" You say excitement in your voice.

"Wonderful, little bird! Then off we go." She says and takes your hand for you to follow her.

Little bird...I like that, you think. Not little mistake or anything like that but little bird.

You smile warmly up at Miss Peregrine and you knew for sure that this was going to be your new home
____________

Thank you guys for all the votes and views, it means a ton! Shoutout to the amazing massivesimpformissp and Official_EriChan they are amazing authors and are so nice so if you can please give them a follow!!

-Amber