Insomnia

Happy Holidays everyone! This may be the last one I make till after the holidays but you never know ;)
_______________

Y/n was never getting any sleep. They just couldn't.

The nightmares they have were just too strong for them to sleep with. So they stayed up every night, or at least they try.

Miss Peregrine though was not blind. She knew that her wife was not sleeping well and she was going to stop that.

Y/n was cleaning up after breakfast, sleepiness still in her mind but she fought back to it.

As she was cleaning the dishes, Miss Peregrine walk up behind her for a hug and layed her head in the crook of y/n neck.

"Hey hun?" Miss Peregrine says as you continue.

"Yes?" You say back.

"You look tired." She states. "Maybe you should go rest."

Your eyes widen at the idea and you shook your head no.

"No," you say quickly. "I'm fine."

"No your not." She turns you around and looks into your eyes. Her face was etched with concern. "Please, y/n."

You sigh and look up at her blue, worried eyes.

"I can't." You say simply.

Miss Peregrine pulls you into a hug and whispers into your ear.

"I love you, you need your sleep." She whispers. "I will stay with you until you do."

You just nod into her neck.

She leads you upstairs and leads you into your bedroom.

She lays you down into the bed and covers you up, only to shortly join beside you.

You tried fighting back the sleep but Miss Peregrine stopped you.

"Don't fight it, okay?" She says gently. "I will be right here."

You hear her speak right before dozing into a deep sleep.

You were walking down the forest, searching for something. The woods seemed to get darker and darker. As if this wasn't scary enough, you heard footsteps from behind. You pick up your pace, soon to be running. But it was too late. Someone grabbed your mouth to muffle your scream and dragged you from behind. Shortly after you arrived at a strange building, only to be thrown into a strange room. There were cages and cages of birds locked up in which Miss Peregrine was one of them. Your kidnapper soon went towards Miss P with a small thing in his hands. You couldn't tell what it was in the dark. The last you heard was a scream coming from Miss Peregrine as the person swings something at her. He then comes over to you shouting "wake up!"

Wait, wake up?

Y/n awakes to where now it is dark outside. You look over and Alma wasn't there and you panicked. You were about to get up when you turned to your other side to see her, looking down with worry.

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and launch into a hug.

She stumbled a bit from the force but quickly hugged you back.

When your grip was tightening though, she told you to let go.

Even though you didn't want to, you listened and sat back down.

Alma sat beside you and held your hands as she looked at you.

"Is this why you haven't been sleeping well?" She asks.

You nod.

"Why haven't you woke me before?"

"I-I didn't want to ruin your sleep." You say. "You need it."

"Y/n, no. You need your sleep." Alma says. "Please wake me when this happens."

She gives you a tight hug now and you lean into her chest.

"I'm, I'm sorry." You say, your voice shaking.

"There is nothing you should be sorry for." She says. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, but I am now and I am never leaving."
_________________