That made Tay even sad. Bella will stay there until she graduates from college, it is like telling him that she will never come back here. Of course, once she finished college, she will also find a job there since there is not much of a job here plus the rate is low compared to if you actually work in the city. 

"I will visit here from time to time... but it will be hard, I will start focusing on my studies since I'm preparing for an entrance examination," She tried to sugarcoat him with a little honesty. She knew Tay is smart and he was not a child anymore to be sugarcoated but she can't help him when she know how fond the kid was of her.

"That's okay, P'. See you in 6 years?" Tay said, trying not to cry.

Bella nodded. "See you in 6 years. Goodbye, Tay."

"Off," Tay called his friend, who was busy playing a game on his new Gameboy Nintendo that her sister bought for him, "Off," he called out again.

"Aish, Tay, later." Off said, not wanting to disturb him during his match.

The tanned boy clicked his tongue, "Jumpol! Can't you see that your friend is heartbroken?" Tay whined to his friend. Finally, Off turned off his console game after Tay annoyed him and made him lose the match. 

"We're 14," Off commented.

If only they were of legal age, surely they would be in the bar trying to get wasted, but they are just 14 years old. Ever since Bella left, all Tay do is whined about how heartbroken and sad he is. Sometimes, he even dreamed to study faster so he can follow Bella in the city and live happily ever after. 

Tay took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. "I wish I was 18 so I could protect P'Bella from his evil brother." He spoke.

Aside from being the heartbroken boy he is, Off was fed up with his friend keep saying how Bella's brother is the worst person he met in his world. Tay told him what happened at the house when Bella introduce him to her brother and it turned out disaster for Off, it is something that normally happens in families but it doesn't mean the boy is evil or something. So it's hard for Off to believe his friend no matter how much he convinces him that New is not the kid he knows.

"You should really stop picking him," 

He turned his head to his friend. "No, that kid is mad as heck. You cannot believe how filthy his mouth is. He cursed like it was nothing to him." Tay said. Just thinking of it is making his day even worse.

"Are you sure about that?" Off asked like he wasn't believing what Tay is saying about him. "He looks nice." Well, he does look nice and sweet. Tay can't deny that he 'LOOKS' nice. If he hadn't witnessed that scene, he would have also been thinking that way.

"Oh no, nice is not a word when it comes to him. I think I'm ready to puke anytime soon." Tay said dramatically.

"Why are you making a fool of a twelve-year-old?" Off said.

"I am not—" Tay said and took a deep breath, suppressing his anger. "I will prove to you, watch how that kid turns into a demon."

Later that day, his grandma asked him to accompany New and show him around since the new kid would live here starting that day. He doesn't want it at first, but after having thought about it, this will be his chance to prove to Off that he is not what he knows him to be.

"Nice my ass," Tay murmured. Grandma even agreed that he would let Off join them so New could be friends with him also.

On the other side, New is in the kitchen, slowly eating the pasta that was made by Tay's grandma. He hasn't had an appetite ever since. Food is not comforting at all. He finds them a burden because he needs them and does not want them but he wasn't that cruel not to eat what grandma prepares for him. She is nice and warm, which is something New likes.