I sighed and looked down at the cracked concrete beneath me. I slight breeze swept by causing any loose hair to fly up into the air. I straightened up and ran a hand through the mess in attempt to fix my hair, but as I arched my neck back I looking right up into the sun. I quickly looked away, my eyes burning. After a blinking a few times, I tried to open my eyes again only to find that I was still squinting.

I narrowed my eyes and located where the strong glare was coming from. I walked over to it and bent down before it. My fingers picked up a delicate silver chain whose metal was reflecting the sun's beams.

I walked back over to where Bre was sitting with the chain in the palm of my hand. She was on the phone when I sat down next to her and she sounded a little irritated. She hung up after a moment longer and looked over at me, "Well that was my mother."

"And?"

"I have to go home," she said aggravated, "I guess my grandparents are coming over for dinner and she needs help cleaning up the house."

I pouted, "Awwies."

She sighed, "I know." That's when she looked down at my hand with the silver chain. "Oh!" she said picking it up with her fingertips, "Where'd you get this?"

"I just found it."

She examined it in the sunlight, "Well, nice find. It looks like its in really good shape."

I nodded in agreement.

"Huh," she said handing it back to me, "Who ever lost it must be a little disappointed."

Just then, a silver Subaru pulled into the court and parked on the curb. Bre sighed and got up, "Want a ride?"

I shook my head, "I'm good. I'd rather walk."

She shrugged, "Suit yourself."

I got up and hugged her goodbye before she climbed into the Subaru and drove away. I stared after them for a moment, then I looked down at the small chain in my hand. A light bulb clicked in my head and I started walking in the other direction for home.

I finally knew what I was going to get Blake for our one month, or more, make him. I smiled triumphantly to myself as I rounded another block. I knew he was going to love it.

A black pick-up truck came speeding down the street I was walking on and I quickly stepped to the side of the road. As it neared, the truck slowed down until it was right beside me. I inched away from its dark tinted windows, not knowing what to expect.

The window was rolled down to reveal a familiar blond and black do of hair. Chris grinned at me, "Want a ride, guitar girl?"

It took me a moment to register that it really was him sitting in the loud the stuck before me. I smiled, placing the chain in my jean pocket, "Sure, why not."

He smiled and I heard the car doors unlock as I walked around to the other side of the truck. I climbed in and plopped into the seat.

"Where to?" he asked me as I buckled my seatbelt.

I opened my mouth to tell him to go to my house, but for some reason I second thought it and chocked back my words. Instead I shrugged and said, "To where ever you're going."

He seemed a little surprised by my response but smiled and started driving down the street again. "That," he said, "Is to my house where my little sister awaits my arrival."

I brightened up, "You have a little sister?"

He nodded.

"How old?"