Chap346-Defend my wife

But he asked what was that 'he' was like.

Roseanne's hand pressed against his chest, and her heart beat wildly. In a trance, she seemed to be immersed in that dream.

In that dream, the man who suddenly rushed in at the moment she fell down while bleeding from her mouth was not much different from him now, except that his hair was shorter. It seemed that ten years had left no trace on his body.

She couldn't see his expression in her dream, just as she could not touch him in those ten years when he remained far away and hard to reach.

Roseanne replied sullenly in his arms, "Don't worry. You were still handsome in that dream."

He suddenly held her chin with his slender fingers and pressed his forehead against hers, asking huskily, "Really?"

Roseanne suddenly dared not look him in the eye. She peeked at him and nodded hurriedly. "Yes!"

Park Jimin still held her chin and lowered his head to kiss her. He kissed her fondly and passionately, and at the end of the kiss, he gently bit her lips and licked the corners of her mouth. "Would I kiss you like this in your dream?"

"....."

Of course not.

That 'he' was completely inaccessible to her.

She lay on the bed, closed her eyes, and turned her back to him, vaguely answering, "At least 'he' is not as horny as you are. I'm going to sleep. Aren't you sleepy?"

"Yes, I'll hold you to sleep." He held her into his arms from behind.

...

Park Group 's dinner party for business partners was held four days later, which was the fifth day of the Chinese Lunar New Year according to the lunar calendar.

After all, Park Group was America enterprise and had many connections with many Chinese companies. It was indeed appropriate to hold a dinner party on this day.

The dinner party was held for business partners during the Spring Festival, so its atmosphere was not bad. There was a lot of food at the dinner party. She was pregnant, so she didn't wear a tight dress. Instead, she chose a loose white chiffon dress suitable for a dinner party. She wanted to wear high heels, but Park Jimin told her she wasn't allowed to because she was pregnant, so she switched to flats.

Kim Taehyung and Jennie also attended the dinner party tonight, and the latter didn't wear a dress but still that cool, black tight outfit, high heels with smoky make up which suit with her cold face.

As soon as Roseanne saw Jennie, she asked Park Jimin to greet the executives of those enterprises first so that he did not need to refuse others' toast every time as he was afraid she couldn't bear the smell of liquor.

"Roseanne Lin, why don't you go with Park Jimin?" Seeing Roseanne suddenly come to her, Jennie asked in confusion.

"He has already introduced me to others, but it's really inconvenient for him to socialize with guests while he has to take care of me. So, I said I was coming to talk to you." Roseanne winked at her and glanced at Kim Taehyung. "Did you come with him?"

Jennie said expressionlessly, "Of course, he is my husband. And the boss of the Kim base. Even though I don't want to attend this kind of social event with him, he asked me to come, how could I have the ability to reject the greatest boss Kim, so I came."

"Why are you in such a hurry to explain to me? I didn't say anything."

"......"

"Let it be. Why don't you come to my hospital ward after the first day. Don't tell me that bastard keep you up in the mansion again?"

"Kim boss is spending his time freely in Park Jimin's hospital ward so I have no choice but to go to the Kim base instead of him that's why I didn't get a chance to come and meet you." Jennie smile achievly and continue "Why? You miss me that much even though your husband is accompanying you?"

"....." Roseanne was really speachless this time.

Roseanne was about to take Jennie with her to a place where there were fewer people when she caught sight of Seong Mina.

Seong Mina came with the Seong family but didn't stand by Park Taeyong's side. Seong Mina saw Jennie too. At the moment her gaze met Roseanne's, she gave her a polite smile, then looked away and walked through the red carpet to the VIP area with her family.

"You've been in the US for a longer time. Do you know much about the companies and families that Park Group is on good terms with?" She picked up a glass of champagne in her hand and asked seemingly casually to Jennie, who was standing by her side.

Jennie quickly took the glass out of her hand and gave her a glass of juice, answering, "The dozens of Chinese enterprises present today all have close ties with Park Group, and some of them do seek to strengthen their alliance with Park Group via marriage like the Lee family and the Seong family, but it's just their wishful thinking. Over the years, Park Jimin has rejected many young ladies from these families. Lee Jeong yeon keeps pestering Park Jimin because of what happened several years ago between them, while Seong Mina gained the favor of President Park, and as for the rest, I can hardly remember their names."

Roseanne raised her eyebrows. In this case, it seemed that Park Jimin and Park Taeyong were both principled men. At least, Lee Jeong yeon used to be engaged to Park Jimin, and Seong Mina was the future daughter-in-law that Park Taeyong chose.

As for the rest, their thinking was quite common in the upper circle.

Let alone Park Jimin, she had also been pursued by many men in the upper circle in Korea, but she was too proud to accept any man's chasing. She had no affairs with anyone except Mark Tuan, but she actually hated the latter, so it was impossible for them to have any romantic relationship.

She felt somewhat balanced by this thought.

It was nothing more than the attraction between young men and women in the same circle, and you simply couldn't stop being attracted by someone. Besides, her husband was indeed excellent.

—-

When Elder Lee showed up with Lee Jeong yeon, many people turned their eyes to Lee Jeong yeon, and some young ladies gave Roseanne meaningful looks. After all, many of the people present had attended the engagement party of Lee Jeong yeon and Park Jimin.

But the one who attracted Roseanne's attention was not Lee Jeong yeon, but the one who came with her, Lee Sunmi.

Roseanne had thought she would never see her again since the last time she met Lee Sunmi in Uk.

Park Jimin glanced at the gate and turned his eyes away from Lee Jeong yeon and Lee Sunmi's faces. When Roseanne felt that Park Jimin was looking at her, he came up to her.

"Jennie, defend my wife." Park Jimin looked at Jennie.

Jennie nodded. She knew well what these two young ladies of the Lee family were capable of, so she became extremely wary as soon as she saw Lee Jeong yeon and Lee Sunmi.

The red carpet was set in the middle of the hall, so there were many ways to go, but Lee Jeong yeon chose to walk in this direction. She took Lee Sunmi, who, for some reason, looked panicked, to walk pass Roseanne and Park Jimin. When the two of them walked past the latter, many people present looked at them meaningfully, waiting to see whether there would be any spark between Park Jimin's ex-fiancée and his wife.

Under the public stare, Roseanne looked away, ignoring these annoying stares and looked at Lee Sunmi.

She remembered Lee Sunmi was a beautiful and clever girl, but now she looked skinny and pale and seemed to be very afraid of people. She was dragged along by the wrist by Lee Jeong yeon. Her eyes were seemingly unfocused and full of fear of the crowd around her.