"Welcome home, Mina," Sungyun smiled a bit, nearly making her sick to her stomach.

"This isn't my home," Mina spat as they began to walk toward the grand staircase. "Home is where you're supposed to feel safe, with your family."

"I am your family."

Mina and Jungkook stood at the top of the stairs, glaring down at Shadow at the bottom of them, his hands clasped behind him.

"When have you ever treated me as family?" Mina clenched her jaw, making Sungyun do the same.

"Why can't you see that I'm doing this to keep you safe?" he asked persistently, his voice stern.

"Safe? Hurting and manipulating innocent people, like my friends, is supposed to keep me safe?"

"Nobody is truly innocent," he pointed out calmly, his smile making Mina's blood boil.

"Obviously," she scoffed, her fists clenching.

"Do you remember when your mother was killed, murdered in broad daylight? Who's going to get justice? The people responsible for her death are still out there, and I'm trying to protect you," Sungyun explained, his words echoing through the wide foyer.

"That's not justice, that's revenge," Mina argued. "There were better ways to cope with Mother's death!"

"I can't."

"I did!" Mina exclaimed. "In the times you shut me out! So don't think you've ever tried to protect me. You're a liar and a coward."

Those words took him back a bit, anger fueling his veins before he promptly scoffed. "So who's going to protect you? It's not this boy, is it?" he asked, amused, sticking his chin out at Jungkook condescendingly.

"At least I was there," Jungkook spat through gritted teeth, making Sungyun glare at the boy in fury.

"Don't make me use force to get you on my side, Mina," he grumbled, his eyes darting to his daughter.

"I'm never going to join you, you monster."

Sungyun straightened his posture at the disappointing answer, an unreadable expression on his face. "Then you left me with no choice."

Suddenly, emerging from the shadows were several figures, coming from the ground all across the foyer below. The two immediately stepped back, recognizing them to be several villains who they had fought in the past, including Mrs. Sato, Bitna's mother, the spider, Hanseong, and more.

"Jimin-hyung," Jungkook's eyes widened when he saw his best friend, his solemn expression disheartening as his eyes glowed a bright blue. His stomach churned at the sight of someone he cared for once again turned into a villain.

Stood across the room was Heejin, the same devilish grin on her face that created goosebumps across Mina's body as she stared at the others in the room. The six villains stood across the room, glaring at the two superheroes malevolently.

"You'll come back to me. You'll see," Sungyun told her before sinking into the ground, his shadow traveling away on the floor.

Mina panted, her eyes darting back and forth between each villain, who were slowly advancing up the staircase. "He's abducted them and transformed them."

In an instant, Jimin rose his hand, shooting a sharp icicle through the air toward the two, watching them disperse and for the icicle to impale the wall instead. Jungkook steadied himself on the railing of the second floor, quickly scanning the villains who have begun to attack them.

"Take their shadows!" Jungkook shouted toward Mina but let out a shriek when a head suddenly appeared below him, revealing herself to be the familiar spider from days before. She had clung to the bottom of the indoor balcony, glaring up at Jungkook with devilish eyes before the boy kicked her face in shock, watching her fall onto her back. Tugging him off of the railing and onto the floor was an invisible figure, who Jungkook immediately knew to be Hanseong. His eyes searched, but were met with a fist to the cheek as he tumbled on the floor, immediately springing to his feet as he clenched his jaw.