lii. Shadow

그늘

그늘

MINA GULPED HARSHLY as she stood outside of the barriers surrounding her house, Jungkook beside her, fully transformed in their suits. They were looking up at Mina's bedroom, the only way inside of her house considering she knew she always left her window unlocked, along with the fact that they couldn't exactly just walk through the front doors that easily.

"You sure he'll be here?" Jungkook clenched his fists once nervously, glancing at the girl beside him, a serious expression on her face.

"Yeah," Mina answered. "I think he's waiting for us."

"You have the vial?" Jungkook asked. She held the small vial up in her fingers, the black liquid inside swiveling around. He only nodded before she put the vial in her side pocket, her eyes promptly turning purple as she used her powers to open the window. As soon as it was open, the two gently and stealthily flew up to it, climbing in one by one.

Mina's face fell at the sight of her room, silent and still, her blankets tucked in nicely and her bed made. She had only been away from her room for a night, however, it felt like years. This room didn't even feel like her home anymore.

Jungkook glanced around her room, again mindblown at how neat she always kept it. It was a complete contrast to his own room, and he looked around her desk, seeing a picture frame. It was a picture that Hoseok had taken on his film camera at the beach on that night of the field trip weeks before. Jungkook was squished between Jimin and Seokjin, with Mina at the edge of the picture with Bitna's arm around her shoulders as they all smiled. The picture brought his own smile to his face, the memories flooding of that night with the full, bright moon and the sound of the waves. That was the night he had kissed her on the cheek; how much he would like to go back to that night.

Mina saw his warm smile, raising her eyebrows in curiosity. "What?" she whispered. Jungkook reached for the picture, holding it up to her.

"Cute."

"Put that down," she tried to hide her smile, taking the frame out of his hands and setting it back on her desk. "Focus."

Jungkook softly chuckled, the existing tension in the air slightly dissolving, calming Mina's nerves a bit.

After making their way toward the door, Mina slowly curled her hand over the knob, twisting it gently. It would be better if they could have the element of surprise; that way Mina could quickly deprive him of his powers, and they'd have the upper hand.

Jungkook bumped into her shoulder when she suddenly stopped on her way out of the door, her body frozen still. He curiously rose his head up, seeing her staring down at the foyer below the hallway balcony that they were standing on.

At the center of the foyer stood Shadow, suited up as he noticed them, calmly looking up at them. Mina's heart dropped to her stomach, her body tense as she glared down at him over the modern marble railing. Jungkook appeared beside her, giving him the same look.