xxiii. Beautiful

알음다운

알음다운

MINA STOOD COMPLETELY frozen, her eyes wide in shock. The sound of the applause from the crowd was muffled in her ears, the movements of those around her staring at her with excited expressions somehow in slow motion.

I did not just hear that correctly.

"What are you doing, go up there!" Bitna shook her out of her thoughts, staring at her with a wide smile.

Mina instinctively glanced at Yunho, her vacant expression almost as if she was asking for reassurance from him. And he knew, so he sent her a warm smile.

"Go get the crown," he chuckled, gently placing his hand on her lower back to give her the boost she needed in order to make her way toward the stage.

This was when she found herself looking around past the crowd around her who had been paving the way for her, trying to find Jungkook walking toward the stage as well. She had promised herself that she wouldn't try to think about him at all that night, yet here she was, letting him completely take over her mind.

Is this really happening? Each step she took toward the stage had her heart beating even louder if it were possible.

She had finally made it toward the right side of the stage, climbing up the stairs carefully. As she made her way to the top, she looked across the stage to see Jungkook for the first time that night; his all-black suit framing his perfect body, the button-up underneath his suit jacket open to expose some of his hard chest, and Mina could barely fathom where she was, who she was in that moment as she stepped toward the two teachers holding the crown. Jungkook had joined beside her, giving her a glance that wasn't reciprocated, mostly because she was too shocked to even look at him. They could hear the crowd behind them cheering, especially Jungkook's friends who were the loudest, Hoseok especially delivering loud whoops and yells.

The two felt a slight heavy crown be placed on top of their heads, along with a sash being drawn over their body, and they turned around to the front, being perfectly illuminated by the spotlight as the crowd applauded them. Heejin was losing her shit somewhere in the room.

"May the King and Queen join together on the floor to initiate the first dance?" the teacher said into the microphone, and for the first time, Mina looked up into Jungkook's eyes, feeling her cheeks heat up wildly. She could blame it on the heavy, blinding spotlight on her, but she would know deep down that that was a fat lie.

She watched as Jungkook held out his hand for her to take, and she stared at it for a second before carefully placing her hand in his grasp, feeling the warmth of his soft palm invade her fingertips, reveling in the feeling of his hand wrapping around hers ever so delicately, as if she were made of glass that could break any second. He guided her down the stairs, carefully watching and making sure she hit every step with her high heels.