xxxii. Present

선물

선물

"DID IT HURT?"

This was only one of the many questions Mina got asked when she walked through the hallways of her school on Monday. She assumed they were talking about her wrist that was sprained during the absolutely ruined fashion show, and it made her scowl.

Of course it hurt, especially when my nemesis completely crushed it when he simultaneously found out how I hide my identity, which he could take and reveal my identity to the world. Of course it hurt, but it doesn't anymore because it already healed and I'm wearing this stupid splint for no reason.

She couldn't really say that to her classmates though, so she would just smile politely and walk away.

She had spent nearly the entire Sunday after the fashion show in the bed, Yeojeong by her side, providing her with soup and medication as if she were sick. She really wasn't; she was completely fine. Perhaps mentally, she was a bit tense due to Shadow's sudden appearance after months, but otherwise, she was peachy. However, she couldn't show this, so she had to endure wearing an itchy splint for a while.

Mina finally made it to her locker, opening it with her 'fine' hand before shoving her books inside, pulling out her history book as it neared second period.

"Minnie? Are you okay?" asked someone who approached her, and the familiarity of the voice had her looking past her locker, looking up to see a concerned Yunho. "I heard what happened on the news, I was super worried when you weren't answering your texts."

"Oh, I'm okay, don't worry, Yunho," she smiled reassuringly at him. "I lost my phone in the chaos, but I'm getting a new one this week."

"That's good to hear. T-That you're okay," Yunho nodded. "I have to get to class, but I'll see you later?"

"Of course," Mina smiled before Yunho returned it, walking away. She watched him, a fond look on her face. It was nice to have someone care about her as much as he did.

"Minnie!" exclaimed Bitna from behind her locker door, and Mina nearly jumped as she wide-eyed her.

"Don't sneak up on me like that," Mina sighed as she looked back into her locker.

"Sorry, but you weren't answering my texts at all yesterday! And we couldn't even see you at the hospital because of your dad, I mean what the hell!" Bitna whined.

"I kind of lost my phone. Maybe you can find it in the rubble of the fashion show stage," Mina hummed casually, making Bitna roll her eyes.

"How's your wrist, though?" she asked, concerned.

"It's fine. Like it's actually fine, it's healed."

"Then why are you wearing that cast?" Bitna cocked her eyebrow as she darted her chin toward her hand.