xxxviii. Jimin

지민

지민

"WHAT DO YOU mean Jimin asked you to the Ball?" Bitna leaned her head in as she sat across Mina at their lunch table, currently just the two of them. The boys had yet to sit down, and Mina had quickly told her best friend about the event that had just occurred not even ten minutes before. Taehyung, usually conjoined with her at the hip, had gotten up to get some napkins that he'd forgotten, giving Mina the perfect time to talk to Bitna.

"What did you say to him?" Bitna muttered, her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"I-I said no, and that I was sorry," Mina sighed. "You know I can't go to the Winter Ball with someone, much less go on a date period."

Her words reminded Bitna of the other night, and she pursed her lips, nodding in agreement. "It'll be okay. We can just go to the Winter Ball and have a fun time together, then."

"What about Taehyung?" Mina asked. "And plus, I don't think I'm going to the Ball," she added, looking down at her food.

"What? Why not? You have to, it's your first Winter Ball! You get to dress up all prettier than you normally are! You might even be able to impress you know who," Bitna whisper-shouted the last part dramatically.

Mina rolled her head back. "I can't even think about you know who right now."

Bitna let out a sigh of defeat, leaning back so that she could finally eat the food she'd barely touched since they sat down. Mina only poked at her food, deep in thought as she just waited for Taehyung to come back to fill the silence.

That was until a shiver tore through Mina's spine. The shiver was the deepest, darkest one she'd ever felt, and it made her heart skip a beat as she ticked her head up, eyes immediately scanning the room. Something absolutely evil, and strong was close. It was a villain, with the most powerful negative emotions, in order for her to feel this murky.

"Minnie...?" Bitna's unsure, unsteady voice grabbed her attention, and she looked forward to see her best friend, looking down at her lap with her face as pale as a ghost. Within the next second, a thin layer of what it seemed to be ice was engulfing Bitna, who had met worried eyes with hers before completely being covered in ice.

"Bitna!" Mina widened her eyes, watching in horror as ice began to spread on the table, the floor in increasing speed, freezing the anxious students around her until they were cold, ice statues before they could even scream for help.

Mina looked around, her heart racing as she realized that she was the only one in the room that was not frozen.

Until she saw the other person at the front of the cafeteria.

"Jimin?" Mina's shaky voice came out in a whisper as she slowly stood up, her eyes on the familiar figure across the room.

Near the front doors stood Jimin, his skin oddly pale from the cold and his hair jet black, an opposite to his usual dirty blonde locks. His eyes were glowing a bright blue, almost reflecting the ice that covered the entire room. He almost didn't look like a villain, rather a regular human being, except much darker, his undereyes deep, but his expression innocent and almost despondent.