Chapter 1

"Tay!"

It was early in the morning when Tay heard his grandmother's voice calling—more on yelling his name for the reason he knows. He silently cursed at the back of their house. He wasn't expecting his grandma will be home this early, like super early. She just got off work! He wasn't afraid of anything, he know his grandmother love him no matter what and he know she was kinda used to this kind of situation. He bet she wasn't surprised by what Tay just did.

"Tawan Vihokratana!"

"I'm here, Grandma!" Tay responded, and hopefully, she could hear him. Tay is a clumsy boy and with that being said, he broke another plate while washing the dishes. It was his fifth time this week. It wasn't intentional, Tay's mind was occupied by things he shouldn't think of while washing the dishes like playing games with Off or going to the cave they saw on the way home from school. Just random things he could think of.

He went inside and immediately saw his grandmother's disappointed face. "What did you do again?" His grandmother asked, completely giving up on his grandson's carelessness.

"I know, I know. It's my fault—I don't want to lie." He said. Tay's original plan was to blame a mouse that tried to bite him and made him accidentally drop the plate. His grandma didn't respond and just took a deep breath. She massaged her temples and glanced at her grandson, giving her puppy eyes. 

"Come with me after I clean this mess,"

"To where? To your work?" Grandma nodded. Tay crooked his head, confused why does her grandma suddenly want him to go with her. He remembers how she never allows him to go near that house since he is clumsy and might break something expensive.

Her grandmother worked as a caretaker of a house not far from theirs. They even know the owner and Tay were close with her—even have a crush on her.

"Will I help you clean—"

Before he could finish the sentence, Grandma cuts him off. "Not a single time will I allow you to touch madam's belongings."

Tay pouted, a little offended by her grandmother's words but it was the truth. "What will I do there? I'd rather play here..." Tay whispered.

"I need your help but not for cleaning." Grandma finally finished cleaning the broken plates.

"What is it then?"

"Take a bath while I am making breakfast."

"Is that Tay?" A woman appeared in front of him as soon as he went inside the house. He is wearing a black fitted dress with red lipstick. Her hair is bleached and her skin is white as snow. Tay knows her but she barely visits this town and she changed a lot. Tay almost didn't recognize her. He never thought that there would be a chance that he would talk to her.

Tay bowed at her, "I'm Tawan Vihokratana," He introduced himself trying not to shutter.

"He is 14 years old, Madam." Grandma continued.

"Oh, that's great! My son is just a few years younger than him." The woman said, with excitement in her eyes. Tay knew she have a daughter which is the one who leaves here in this big house but he never saw his son.

"Mom," A lady in denim pants and a crop top shirt walks towards them. Tay held his breath and can't hide his smile as she comes near them. "I already packed my things," she added.

"Hi, Bella.." Tay shyly greets her.

"Hello, Tay." She greets him back. He stayed calm even though he wanted to jump off and scream at the top of his lungs. It's been 2 months since the last time he saw and talked to her.