"Good morning," Mina whispered, moving her hand to place it on his cheek instead, her thumb caressing his soft skin. Jungkook felt himself smile, leaning into her touch as he floated in and out of a slumber. He felt safe and comfortable with her in his arms, his waking heart thumping in his chest as the heat rose to his cheeks.

"Good morning," he whispered back, his voice not entirely present as the words came out raspy. "What time is it?"

"It's eight-thirty."

"Huh?" Jungkook slowly opened his eyes again, furrowing his eyebrows at Mina. "Shit, don't we have school?"

Mina sighed. "We should go see Master and tell him everything," she said, her hand falling off of his cheek.

"You're right," Jungkook nodded weakly, his eyes closing once more, threatening to fall back asleep again. Mina chuckled, leaning in to press a kiss against his forehead, only making Jungkook melt in her touch further. She then traveled to his face, placing soft, tentative kisses on his scratched cheekbone, his eyes, his nose, until Jungkook was whining.

"Stop making me want to kiss you," he complained. "Not when I have morning breath."

Mina giggled, pulling away and seeing Jungkook's eyes fully open, having given up an extra hour or so of sleep.

"Come on, let's get breakfast and get out of here," Jungkook slid his arm off of her, leaning onto his back and stretching. Mina felt cold without him, frowning a bit as she sat up, fixing her hair a bit before climbing off the bed.

"I'm going to use the bathroom first. You go ahead," she told him, sending him a smile as Jungkook nodded, and she left the room. His eyes followed her with a content smile as he traced the pad of his fingers on his face, where Mina's lips had lingered not even a minute before. He was overwhelmed with love and joy, and he didn't want to face reality again.

Jungkook made his way into his main living area, seeing his mother in the kitchen as per usual, mixing something in a pot on the stove. She quickly noticed his entrance, her eyebrows furrowing with worry as she turned off the stove, placing the ladle down and leaning against their small counter island.

"Jungkook, what's going on?" she asked in haste. "You know I support your superhero-ing business, but not if you're going to miss school. Where's Mina? Is everything okay? She seemed so out of it when the two of you came home last night, and she was pretty silent during dinner."

"Mom," Jungkook peeked over his shoulder before leaning onto the counter, looking at her with a serious expression. "Her father is Shadow."

Her eyes widened. "What? Lee Sungyun?"

"We found out yesterday," Jungkook said lowly. "A lot of stuff happened, and she needed to stay here because she couldn't go home."

"Poor girl," she frowned, her eyebrows slightly creased, still processing his news. "So what are the two of you going to do?"

"We have to take care of something later," Jungkook told her, tapping his fingers against the counter. His mother took notice of his nervous habit, making her way around the counter to rub his back soothingly.

"Please be careful," she sighed. "And protect her too. She deserves so much more."

"I know," Jungkook's face fell as he nervously chewed the inside of his cheek. He heard Mina's footsteps from the hallway, tilting his head up before she walked in, a bit shyly in front of Jungkook's mother.

"Good morning, sweetie!" she chirped, hurrying back to the kitchen. "Ready for some breakfast?"

Mina rubbed her hands together, smiling softly as she slowly made her way toward Jungkook. "Yes, ma'am. Thank you."