Red Hearts and Mad Tea

Ever After High was a very interesting place. For starters, you never thought you would be standing in the middle of a storm while the Storybook of Legends imploded on itself.

Raven: I'm not signing this book!

Apple: You can't do this! What about my destiny?!

Mr. Grimm: This is madness!

Y/N: What the Hex is going on?!

Wait. Pause.

I'm getting ahead of myself. You don't even know what's going on here. I just started off in the middle of the next chapter.

Sorry about that. We should just, uh, take it back a bit.

Um, let's do the intro real quick and come back.

And here we are! Right where we left off last time. With you and Brair in town enjoying a cup of coffee in the local Cafe, Hocus Latte.

It was actually really nice to relax like this without having to worry about Ruby or anything else.

Brair: So, you're supposed to be the next ruler of Oz, right?

You nodded while you took a sip from your drink.

Y/N: That's the plan.

Brair: Wouldn't that be hard to do considering....

Y/N: Yeah, I know.

Everyone knew, it seemed. It was hard not to. Anytime a land was invaded like Oz or poisoned like Wonderland, everyone knew. It was hard not to.

Still, it didn't make things much easier for you.

Maddie: Tell me about it.

You and Brair looked up to see Maddie sitting in the open chair between you both, drinking a cup of tea. Earl Grey sat on the top of her head watching.

When did she get here?

Maddie: During the intro.

Oh. Neat.

Y/N: Hey, Maddie.

Maddie: Helloooo, Ozzie. And hello to you as well, Briar.

Briar laughed.

Briar: Hey, Maddie. Did you move into your new room already?

Maddie: I did. While I am disappointed that I won't be Raven's roomie anymore, I am delighted to be sharing a room with a fellow Wonderlander.

A fellow Wonderlander?

Y/N: You were Raven's original roommate?

Maddie nodded. You and Brair shared a look of knowing before you forced a smile.

Y/N: So, uh, who is your new roommate?

???: That would be me.

You looked around confused before you heard laughter overhead. You looked up to see a smile.

Just a smile.

You tilted your head before a face formed around the mouth, then a whole person was there. She was perched on the branch of the tree that sat in the center of the cafe.

Y/N: And who are you?

???: You can call me Kitty. Kitty Cheshire.

 Kitty Cheshire