Epilogue

!!! Be warned! There will be slight manga spoilers in this chapter, so heads up!

Also, be sure to read the end of this chapter carefully, I left a message for you guys with an important question, since this will be the official final chapter of this book!

Enjoy this epilogue!

-

People rushed across the street, either running away or towards the loud banging that arose only a small distance away. It was a bright day that day, but the inhabitants of Tokyo were once again bothered by a lowly villain. Children who were big fans of the heroes ripped themselves away from their parents to rush towards the action, screeching loudly at the sight of the new heroine fighting another disruptive jerk. A blast sounded and immediately after it followed a groan of pain as the villain was forcefully pounded into the ground, the large bag filled with cash dropping down with him and out of his grasp.

He tried to pull himself up, but before he could, two fingers settled on his forehead and forced his own body to weaken just enough so he'd pass out. The people around the villain and the hero cheered loudly, some even taking out their phones to make videos and pictures to post online and brag about the fact that they witnessed a live fight in the streets. A small girl rushed forwards with her arms outstretched on the air out of pure excitement, her mother shouting her name and following after her. "Yui! Come back here, it's not safe!" shouted the lady as she clutched her purse to her chest, rushing through the crowds.

Yui stopped right in front of the hero that just got done with securing the villain, a bright red lasso of pure energy tightly wrapped around it to ensure the villain's capture until the police would arrive. The young girl went ahead and pulled the hero's baggy black pants, drawing her attention as she turned around with a smile. Yui's eyes sparkled as the 24-year-old Kira Yamari, also known as pro hero Knockback, finally acknowledged her. Yui's room was full of merchandise of the new hero after all, so to make direct eye-contact with her idol was more special than she could've ever imagined. "Hey there, are you alright?" asked Kira as she kneeled down to Yui's height.

The small girl nodded her head, her eyes still as wide as saucers as she assessed Kira's features more closely. She noticed how her black hair reached her hips though she was quick to take note of the scar on Kira's jaw and the other one over her eye, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as she tilted her head in wonder. "Do these hurt?" asked the girl innocently as she reached up to touch the scars on Kira's face. The hero chuckled lightly, allowing Yui to continue her caresses since she seemed oh so excited to see her. "No, not anymore at least. They're totally healed now", responded Kira, to which Yui awed in wonder. Kira noticed a grown woman quickly rushing towards them, assuming that she was this girl's mother. The woman leaned down to take a hold of Yui, picking her up off the ground and staring her down with a stern yet worried gaze.

"Yui, don't run off like that again! There's a villain here and you're disturbing this lady's work!" scolded the mother, to which Yui pouted sadly. "But I wanted to say hello, mommy.." mumbled the little girl, while Kira finally stood up to her full height, smiling at the two people in front of her. Yui's mother turned her green eyes to Kira, giving her an apologetic smile. "I'm very sorry about her. She's just a big fan of yours and she slipped from my hands. I apologize for bothering you", bowed the woman, while Kira only waved her off with a smile. "Nah, it's alright. I get this quite a lot lately, so it's actually kind of refreshing", responded Kira honestly, while she bent down to Yui's height, who was still pouting about her scolding.

"Hey. Yui, right?" asked Kira silently, watching as Yui hesitantly glanced at her and nodded her head. "Do you want to be a hero when you grow up?" asked Kira, to which the girl visibly brightened up. "Yep! I wanna be a great hero when I grow up! Like you! But... my friends at school say I'll never be able to be like you.." admitted Yui, her tone taking a rather sad turn. Kira tilted her head with a small frown, wondering why her friends would think that way, which is just what she asked. "Why do they say that?" asked Kira curiously, but Yui only tucked her head away, clearly not feeling like answering the question. Yui's mother comfortingly rubbed her daughter's back, looking at Kira with a sad smile.