House arrest

-

Kira groaned for the umpteenth time as her alarm went off, this time being the fourth that she refused to get out of bed. She hadn't slept a wink after the events of the day before, intruding thoughts constantly swirling around in her mind and refusing to get out. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying so much as soon as she got back in her room, her exhaustion really not helping the situation. Her along with Bakugou and Midoriya had been placed on house arrest for several days, Kira having two days, Midoriya three and Bakugou four. She remembered how scary Aizawa had been when he apprehended them, a shiver involuntarily crawling up Kira's spine.

When she got the okay to leave for her room though, she couldn't stop herself from breaking down. This wasn't how she imagined her night would go, so she had plenty of time to sit and reflect on what happened. She was still mad and upset by what Bakugou and Midoriya did, keeping a vital secret from her was obviously no joke. But even she knew that she might've reacted a bit over the top, yet she didn't regret her decision. The two boys each made a terrible mistake and Kira wanted them to own up to it before she'd apologize for what she said. After all, she thought Midoriya had crossed the line a little too far.

Kira remembered Bakugou trying to call out to her during the provisional license exam and he was the one that ended up telling her about the secret they kept, yet Midoriya had showed no intention of filling Kira in, even after she spilled her emotions to him. That really cut deep in Kira's heart, so she wasn't planning on accepting Midoriya's apology just yet. She knew he'd do anything in his power to try and get her back and that this would cause him a lot of pain, but she couldn't give in just yet. She wanted him to realize that what he did was unacceptable and that Kira takes it extremely serious. The same goes for Bakugou of course, but Kira was just a tad bit closer to Midoriya after all. Just a bit.

Despite all that, Kira obviously couldn't help but bawl her eyes out. She had broken up with Midoriya and that wasn't what she wanted. Not at all. But like she said to herself before, she'd have to be strong. She blankly stared up at her ceiling, her arms still stinging from the fresh injuries Bakugou caused. Well, it was her own fault for getting in his way. And the fact that Aizawa wouldn't allow them to go to Recovery Girl didn't make things easier. She had to refresh the bandages on her arms yet again and an ugly purple bruise had started to form on her side from Bakugou's kick. So she made a plan to call her doctor sometime this afternoon and postpone her appointment to get her bandages off, knowing damn well that she needed them a little while longer now.

After another miserable hour, Kira finally decided to get up. Sort of at least, seeing as she just sat up and started scrolling on her phone. That was one advantage to being on house arrest, she could take a few moments to rest and sleep in. Though she didn't feel well-rested at all. It was already noon and she hadn't eaten anything yet either, she really didn't want to. But it seemed that someone else held a different opinion about that subject when suddenly a soft hesitant knock was heard from her door. Kira looked up, but didn't make a move to open the door. She knew this had to be either Bakugou or Midoriya since her other classmates were all at school right now.

And she proved to be right when she heard a small voice on the opposite side of her door, the smell of something delicious invading Kira's nose. "U-Uhm... Kira? Or should I even call you that right now? Heh, nevermind... I know you probably don't want to talk... But I still made you some lunch, since you know... You haven't come down yet..." spoke Midoriya meekly, his voice muffled from the wall separating them. Kira rubbed a hand over her face as she tried to contain the incoming tears, the obvious smell of her favorite food almost making her give in. She guessed Midoriya was never able to lose his kind personality after all, even going as far as to make katsudon for her.

A soft sigh was audible followed by the sound of a plate being placed on the ground. "I-I'll just leave this here... It's important to eat. Come down if you, uh, want to. Or don't, that's fine too. I'll... see you later", mumbled Midoriya, a silence following his sentence before the sound of retreating footsteps was finally heard. Kira dropped herself onto her bed, a single tear managing to escape and roll down her cheek. Ignoring Midoriya was going to be harder than she thought, his weak voice entirely breaking her heart. She hated knowing that she was the reason why he was so sad, yet she couldn't break her promise to herself.