Affection

-

"WELCOME TO THE FIRST MATCH OF THE FINALS TOURNAMENT! IT'S IZUKU MIDORIYA FROM THE HERO COURSE VERSUS HITOSHI SHINSOU FROM GENERAL STUDIES!" Kira anxiously bit her nails as she watched the two boys enter the arena. The rules were simple, you had to either immobilise your opponent or force them out of the ring. Kira was sure Midoriya outmatched Shinsou in physical strength but he couldn't use his quirk without hurting himself, so this match would turn out to be interesting.

"READY?? BEGIN!" Shinsou appeared to be talking to the other, hence why they weren't moving yet. Kira asked herself what in the hell they could probably be talking about until Midoriya took a step forward. But as soon as he went, he stopped right in his tracks, a dull look in his eyes. Kira's eyebrows furrowed as her jaw dropped. "What the- why'd he stop?!" asked Kaminari from the seat behind Kira. 

Ojiro stood up from his seat, his hands in his hair in frustration. "Agh! I warned him not to say anything!" Kira turned around to meet his gaze asking what Shinsou's quirk was. "He can brainwash you if you answer his question. He probably provoked Midoriya in order to make him talk. Stupid! I told him about this!" Kira turned to look forward again, seeing Midoriya walk towards the out of bound lines. 

"WHAAT?? MIDORIYA'S OBEYING SHINSOU AND WALKING OUT OF BOUNDS! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" Class 1-A all had worried looks on their faces for their classmate. 'Shit, shit, shit! He has to snap out of it somehow or this is already gonna be over for him!' thought Kira as she rose up from her seat. She felt immense tension in her body as she watched her dear friend close in on the edge of the arena. Aizawa went on to explain how Shinsou's quirk is actually extremely powerful and that's why he doesn't think the entrance exam is really fair.

Kira agreed with him since she thought Shinsou's quirk was incredible. He could capture so many villains! He could just make them turn themselves in, but of course, the entrance exam was based off physical strength. Ochaco and Iida rose from their seats as well, clearly worried for their friend. "Oh no, Deku what are you doing?" muttered Ochaco. "He can't walk out of the ring, he'll lose the match if he does!" yelled Iida while making his weird hand movements. 

Midoriya didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon, so Kira did what she thought might work. Midoriya was only one step away from the edge as Kira grabbed onto the railing, leaning her body over the edge. "IZUKU! Snap out of it! Keep fighting! You can win this!" She didn't think Midoriya actually heard her, but he did. As soon as her sentence was finished, his quirk subconsciously activated in two of his fingers. He flicked them downward and a huge gust of wind was sent off into the stadium which made Kira block her eyes with her arm. 

"WHAT'S THIS?! MIDORIYA STOPPED JUST IN TIME!" yelled Present Mic. Other classmates shot up from their seats and shouted in relief, the entire stadium going berserk over the current situation. "That's the way to do it!" shouted Iida as Ochaco heaved a sigh of relief.

As she uncovered her eyes, Kira saw Midoriya standing in front of the out of bounds line, panting as he regained his consciousness with two broken fingers. Kira sighed in relief before hanging over the railing again and shouting one more time. "Keep going Izuku! You've got this!" More cheers appeared from her classmates, all of them encouraging Midoriya to keep fighting. Shinsou seemed to be confused as to how Midoriya had managed to break out of his spell and began talking to him again.

Midoriya was quick to clasp his hand around his mouth to refrain himself from responding before taking off into a run towards Shinsou. The latter got frustrated and began shouting. "Thanks to the way my quirk works I've always had a big disadvantage! But someone as blessed as you wouldn't understand that!" Kira's brows furrowed again as she listened to Shinsou's desperate calls, feeling sad for the purple haired boy. 'This must be hard for Izuku... I think he of all people is the one who truly understands him', thought Kira as she watched Midoriya run towards Shinsou, a pained look on his face.