What the hell

-

Kira began packing her stuff as the sound of the bell rang through the school, signalling the end of the day. Everyone stood up simultaneously and immediately went over to their respective friend groups to go home together or hang out in the city.

"Hey, Kira!" Kira turned around at the mention of her name and saw some of her friends walk up to her. "You wanna hang out with us? We were thinking of getting some boba", said the blue-haired girl. The other two who stood next to her nodded their heads with a smile, saying that they also wanted her to join them.

Kira opened her mouth to respond until she looked over her friends' shoulder and noticed how Midoriya was still fumbling with his notebook. He always carried those around for whatever reason but Kira thought it was cute. She also noticed how Bakugou and his two 'friends', if you could even call them that, made no effort to leave the classroom, seemingly waiting for the room to be empty so they can harass Midoriya some more.

Kira knew this happened often, but today something felt different. So instead of agreeing to go with her friends like she had originally wanted to do, she decided against it. "Ah, sorry my dudes, I wanted to find some more books for dad so I'll stop by the library and go home. Maybe next time", she lied with an apologetic smile while rubbing the back of her neck. Her friends pouted and complained a bit but eventually went on with their day.

Kira slung her black and yellow backpack over her shoulder and started making her way out of the room, not before shooting Midoriya a small wink and smile, that is the way she greets everyone after all. Midoriya visibly gulped and blushed a bit, waving a small wave and shooting her a crooked smile. Satisfied with the greeting she got, Kira proceeded to make her way outside.

She quickly turned the corner and hid next to the door behind some lockers, wanting to listen in on what Bakugou would say to Midoriya. The weird gut feeling she got wasn't going away so she decided that if things got too bad she would jump in and help the friendly boy out.

"I don't know what you think you're doing Deku, but we're not done here yet." Ah that stupid nickname. Deku. Kira was aware of the fact that Midoriya and Bakugou knew each other before middle school because Midoriya would address Bakugou with a rather odd nickname. 'Kacchan and Deku', she thought. She hates the fact that Bakugou uses that nickname just to torture the poor boy some more, seeing as it means 'worthless and useless'.

"Whatcha got? His diary? Don't tell me you're taking notes on how to become a hero", said a voice she recognised to be one of Bakugou's goons. They started laughing and telling him how pathetic or delusional he was while Midoriya tried to laugh it off. "Yeah, real funny guys.. j-just give it back.." He sounded rather nervous. 'Obviously he is, he's being cornered by 3 assholes at once. Nice going Kira', she thought while pursing her lips.

She jumped a little as she heard the sound of an explosion erupt from the classroom, followed by a yelp from Midoriya. Bakugou went on to talk about how he and that 'shitty girl' were the only ones in school who had the potential to become heroes, although he did mention her name with quite the distaste.

"Here's a little word of advice, nerd. Don't even think of applying, or else." Bakugou told Midoriya with a faked sweetness to his tone. 'Tch, asshole', Kira thought while she rolled her eyes. Kira got a little lost in her thoughts that involved Bakugou and a very colourful vocabulary that she didn't notice the bullies exit the classroom.

"Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building."

Kira's eyes widened at Bakugou's words. Did he just tell Midoriya to kill himself? 'What the actual fuck', she thought, while her lips parted in disbelief. Bakugou's words infuriated her, she has never felt this angry at someone before. Poor Midoriya couldn't even find any words to use as defence.

Kira quickly got up and walked to the schools' exit. She wasn't planning on going home yet, no she had other plans for now. Leaning against the school gates, she waited for Bakugou to come out of the school. She had a rather dark facial expression at that moment, her hair casting a shadow over her eyes and her arms crossed over her chest.

"Well well, look who's here." Ugh that voice, she despised it. Her arms dropped to her side and her hands were balled into fists.

Kira pushed herself off of the wall, taking long, fast strides towards Bakugou. "Hey, I'm talking to you! You don't have anything to say?!" growled Bakugou as he watched the girl approach him with no expression whatsoever.

Before he could act, the girl already stood before him. She raised her right fist and a thud was heard as it made contact with Bakugou's face. The blonde stumbled back from the impact but before he could fall, Kira grabbed his collar and lifted him up so he was only a few inches away from falling on the floor. She lowered herself to his level and gave him a glare that sent shivers down the goons' spines, who stood behind Bakugou, watching the scene with wide eyes.

"Listen here you pest. You wanna be a hero, right? So start acting like one. A hero's job is to save lives, not tell someone to end theirs", Kira spat in his face while Bakugou groaned, seeing as the girl had secured his wrist to the floor with her foot, avoiding the possibility of being blasted in the face. "You talk to Midoriya like that again and I swear to you, I will shove my foot so far up your ass, you'll lose the ability to walk." After she said that, she harshly dropped Bakugou on the floor, who only grunted in response. She looked up at the 2 others who were still positioned behind Bakugou, and watched as they shivered in their shoes. A smirk made its way on Kira's face as she gave Bakugou one last look before turning around and walking away.

She heard some shuffling behind her, followed by an angry shout from explosion boy himself. "YOU BIIIITCH!!" Bakugou jumped on his feet, running over to the girl who still had her back faced towards him. He raised his right arm, an explosion ready to erupt. He threw his arm forward and blasted an explosion directed at the back of her head. Smoke filled the area as the blast was let off and as soon as it dispersed, Bakugou was left with a look of horror on his face. "What the hell.." Kira had her left hand lifted in the air, a visible red wall in front of her. 'She... she blocked it??' were the thoughts running through Bakugou's mind as he watched how the girl continued to walk away, not even sparing him a second glance.

As Kira made her way home, she didn't notice the green eyes that were watching her every move. Midoriya stood at the exit, eyes blown wide of surprise. He couldn't believe what he had seen. He watched the girl walk past him, when she suddenly noticed his presence. She shot him another wink and a smile and just continued walking, leaving the boy a flustered mess.

-

Yeyeyeye, that's another chapter for y'all. The next chapter is gonna have some background on Kira and everything is gonna speed up a bit. Thanks for reading