Show em what you've got

-

Quiet murmurs were heard all around the field, all of the students wondering why Aizawa wanted to do a quirk assessment test. Uraraka mentioned how they were going to miss orientation, to which the black haired teacher responded by saying he can run his class how he sees fit and that people in the real world don't have time for pointless meetings.

"Yamari, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. How far were you able to throw in middle school?" Kira put her index finger and thumb on her chin, putting a pensive look on her face. "Uhh like, 60 metres?" she answered, still unsure of her answer.

"Right, try doing that again but you can use your quirk this time." Aizawa ordered. Kira stepped forward to retrieve a ball from her sensei and made her way towards the circle. "So I can use my quirk however right?" she asked as she absentmindedly tossed the ball in the air a few times with her right hand, her left hand in her pocket.

"Anything goes, as long as you stay in the circle" he answered with a bored look. Kira hummed in acknowledgment as she massaged her right wrist, preparing her body for her quirk. She drew her arm back and pointed her left one in front of her, trying to get a good aim.

Adrenaline flowed through her veins and she could already feel her heartbeat accelerate against her chest. Her veins were giving off a red glow as she raised her energy levels to about 40%. Kira trained a lot before she made it to UA, so she had managed to 'upgrade' her quirk bit, plus, why not show off right now?

Kira's arm flew forward as she released an energy blast from her palm, giving the ball a boost as it soared through the air. The other students covered their eyes as dust flew up because of the blast Kira made. Gasps and 'woah's' were heard as they were impressed by Kira's blast. After a few seconds the dust settled down and Kira turned to look at her teacher, no longer being able to see the ball.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities, it's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." said Aizawa as he held up the device showing of her score. "What?! 1278 metres?? Are you kidding me?" spoke the blonde haired boy with a black lightning streak in his hair.

"That looks like fun, I wanna go!"

"This is what I'm talking about, using our quirks much as we want!"

"So this looks fun, huh?" Everyone immediately shut up, almost feeling as if they shouldn't even breathe as their teacher spoke in a rather dark tone. "You think these next 3 years are all gonna be games and fun? Idiots. You'll be participating in 8 different tests to look at your potential. The one who ends up last has none and will be expelled immediately."

"HUH?!" 

Everyone seemed to be in a panicked state by now, one of those being Midoriya. He didn't have control over his new quirk yet and broke his bones when he used it, which meant he would have to complete these tests without a quirk. 

"Like I said I'll be the one to decide how I run my class." Aizawa said as he lifted his bangs, only to show off a huge smirk. Uraraka complained about how this wasn't fair and Aizawa responded by telling her that the real world will show them no mercy. 'The world isn't fair, I'll give him that. Mom didn't even get a chance after my quirk manifested..'

Kira furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at her teacher. She wasn't worried, she knew she would do just fine on this test and didn't face the possibility of being expelled. But once her gaze fell on Midoriya, a feeling of dread settles in her stomach. 

How the hell was he supposed to place in the high ranks without a quirk? Without thinking, Kira made her way over to Midoriya, standing in front of his shaking figure. He didn't seem to notice her presence until she took a hold of his shaking hand with both of hers. Midoriya, being startled by the sudden action, looked up quickly, only to be met with Kira's serious face.