First kiss

-

Kira nervously bounced her leg as she fiddled with her fingers. She was watching Kirishima getting absolutely pummelled by Bakugou and that didn't really help with her nerves. Iida was going up after this match to face off against todoroki, and after that it was Kira's turn again. She'd like to believe that she'd face off against Kirishima, but by the looks of it, that's not going to happen.

It's not like she's scared of Bakugou, no, the opposite really. She thinks his angry facade is kind of boring and annoying. But, Kira has seen how serious Bakugou is about fighting. He's precise, ruthless and analysing. Overall, a dangerous opponent. Kira is counting on the fact that Bakugou has been analysing her fights and behaviour during the day and she's sure that he'll use her small slip-ups as weaknesses.

On top of that, his combat skills are almost perfect. He barely has any openings and makes sure of it. That's why Kira wants to be able to stay on the offensive. She isn't about to cower behind a force shield all of their match, so she's gonna have to try and outsmart him. She has learned how Bakugou always opens with a right hook, so if she prepares for that and counterattacks basically immediately, she hopes to catch him off guard. 

Easier said than done of course, because there's still those fucking stupid explosions of his. From Uraraka's match, Kira has seen how enormous Bakugou's blasts can be. And from Kirishima's match, she saw how he can use smaller ones to make his punches even more effective. The longer he fights, the more he sweats, the bigger his explosions. It's almost like Bakugou doesn't have any flaws. 

Kira hadn't even noticed she was mumbling until she heard Midnight declare Bakugou as the winner of his current match. Kira groaned as she dragged her hands across her face. She heard a snicker from behind her which made her turn around with an annoyed expression on her face. Kaminari gave her a teasing smile as he leaned forwards towards her. "I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you've been mumbling for 5 minutes or that you're going up against explosion boy himself."

An irk mark appeared on Kira's forehead as she fully turned to face Kaminari. "Okay listen up Sparky, laugh at me again and you won't see the light of day ever again", spoke Kira in a menacing tone, though Kaminari only returned a nervous chuckle. "You're starting to sound like Bakugou, Yamari. Ribbit", said Tsu from a few seats away. Kira whipped her head towards the girl, her hand balling up into a fist. "WHAT?! Don't compare me to that monkey! I am nothing like him!"

The rest of the class laughed at Kira's behaviour, the girl turning around again and sulking in her seat. She didn't even hear how a certain green-haired boy had returned until he spoke up from beside her. "You're nervous about going against Kacchan?" Kira turned her head towards the source of the voice, her frown almost instantly disappearing. "Huh? Oh, Izuku you're back. How'd it go?" Midoriya sat down beside the ravenette, giving her an opportunity to look him over.

He had his right arm in a sling and his left arm was covered in bandages. His chest was also wrapped up and a bandaid resided on his left cheek. He appeared to have a limp too since his left leg was bandaged up as well. "Recovery Girl healed me enough so I can walk, I'm doing okay", spoke Midoriya. Kira raised an eyebrow at this and replied. "Yeah sure, but take it easy alright?" Midoriya nodded and gave Kira a smile. "I will, I just want to watch the last matches. Including yours. Are you nervous about going against Kacchan?"

Kira crossed her arms and pushed out her bottom lip a bit while she looked away. "Pfft, no", mumbled the girl, giving Midoriya the answer he needed. He gave her a soft laugh and pat on the shoulder to try and reassure her when Iida and Todoroki's match was announced. Kira stood up from her seat and took a deep breath. "Kira, are you okay?" asked Uraraka. Kira just started walking, not looking back as she responded. "Yup, just gonna go wait in the waiting room."