Provisional License pt.3

-

Every single student of class 1A had passed the first test of the exam, already lifting a huge weight off everyone's shoulders. They were all joined together in the waiting room, patiently waiting for the second test to be announced. Kira was excited that everyone had passed since she thought every single one of her classmates deserved it. But despite feeling happy, she wanted to distance herself so that's exactly what she did. She was positioned on a bench a small distance away from her classmates, watching the other participants curiously.

She had learned that the molester's name was Camie and that Inasa seemed to hold a strong grudge against Todoroki for some reason, though Kira couldn't find it in herself to care. She was too busy sulking about her out of line behavior. It bothered her how she'd allowed herself to get angry like that. She'd never felt so conflicted before, though she couldn't figure out how to make it go away. She appreciated how everyone tried to help, but she knew they wouldn't be able to solve the issue for her, not even Midoriya.

She was frustrated since she didn't know what caused the malfunction of her quirk in the first place and she hates how it responds so harshly and impulsively. If she knows what caused the change in her quirk, she could find a solution since it was doing her anything but good. Her nightmares haunted her constantly, unwilling to leave her thoughts for even a second. She vividly remembers the looks on her friends' faces as she accidentally hurt them with her quirk and she hated it so much. It reminded her of what happened to her mother, since back then, she had lost control as well.

Besides that, the memories of Kamino stuck with her 24/7. Kameru said that All for One was willing to recruit her, but why? What was so special about her that the world's number one villain took an interest in her? She didn't know and it pissed her off. She also despises the fact that she can't remember her fight against her brother on Kamino. She'd seen it on the news and to say Kira felt horrified about herself would be an understatement. She almost killed him. She almost committed murder, something that heroes aren't even allowed to think about. She hated herself for acting like this and she hated herself for pushing her friends away, even if she knew she needed them.

A sudden creak next to her made her look up and towards the noise, finding Bakugou staring straight ahead with his arms crossed. Kira looked him over for a second, seeing as he still wore his infamous scowl as he stared at the people in the room. Kira couldn't be bothered to start speaking, so she just turned forwards again, continuing her silent judging. She noticed Camie waving at Midoriya a few feet away, making her click her tongue as she looked away. Another thing she hated, jealousy. She didn't like feeling like this and it angered her that she had allowed her jealousy to consume her earlier.

Midoriya watched the scene with curiosity, seeing his childhood friend sit next to Kira in complete silence. Midoriya knew that Bakugou had developed a soft spot for Kira and that they had established a close friendship, so he felt grateful that the angry blonde made an effort to look out for Kira in his own way. He'd wanted to come over himself, but he figured that if Kira was trying so hard to be alone, he'd try to give her the space she needed, though it seems that Bakugou's silent comfort was a good one for Kira. "The fuck's up with you, adrenaline bitch?" spoke Bakugou quietly, making Kira look towards him with a surprised gaze.

"What are you talking about?" asked Kira in return, trying to play it off as if nothing was wrong. Bakugou scoffed before glaring straight at her, nodding his head towards her. "Don't play stupid with me. Everyone can see something's up with you, so you either tell me or I'll get shitty Deku to do something about it", muttered the blonde, rolling his eyes at the mention of 'stupid Deku'. Kira slowly shook her head as she averted her gaze to her intertwined hands that were sitting in her lap. "I'm just frustrated", spoke the girl quietly, expecting the conversation to end there.