Rivals and friendships

-

A dull ache covered Kira's entire body. No pain, just a pressure that didn't seem to go away, like she'd just ran three marathons. And don't even get me started on the headache. It felt like someone was pounding on the inside of her head with a hammer. Wanting to make it stop, Kira forced her eyes to open again. A bright white light made her wince and close her eyes again.
After a few minutes that felt like hours, she tried to open her eyes yet again. This time the light didn't seem too bright anymore. Slowly but surely her eyes opened and as soon as she opened them completely, she looked around to take in her surroundings. 

She seemed to be in a... hospital? No, she was in Recovery Girls' infirmary. Why? What happened again? Kira furrowed her eyebrows in thought, trying to recall the events that happened which caused her to get hurt. 

"Oh! I see you're awake! And just in time too", spoke a shaky voice. Kira turned her head to the right only to come face to face with a smiling Recovery Girl. "Just-", Kira tried to speak, but broke out into a coughing fit. Recovery Girl went over to another table before bringing over a glass of water for Kira to drink. Kira took it and nodded her head in thanks before sitting up straight and chugging the water. 

She gave the glass back to the petite woman and tried to talk again. "Just in time for what?" croaked Kira. Recovery Girl sighed and made a face that said 'you seriously don't remember?'. "The award ceremony! You made third place in the sports festival of course! Your last match didn't end too well, which is why you're here."

Kira sucked in a breath as she remembered her recent fight with Bakugou. She brought a hand up to her face and groaned out loud. "Ugh right. I lost control over my quirk didn't I?" Recovery Girl answered with a 'yup' before asking Kira if she could stand up. Using the bed as support, she carefully leaned on her legs again. She felt wobbly for a while but that feeling soon disappeared when she got used to walking again.

Kira noticed how her arms were bandaged from Bakugou's explosions and how her cheek had a big bandage over it. "How bad was it?" asked Kira as she assessed herself in a nearby mirror. "Well, you had internal bleeding from the overdose of adrenaline in your body. It wasn't easy to fix but you should be okay now, just take it easy for the next couple of days", responded the older hero.

Kira nodded in understanding before suddenly getting shooed out of the office. "Go now! There are people waiting outside to take you to the platforms! Shoo, shoo!" Kira fastened her pace when she felt Recovery Girls' cane poke her legs from behind and soon enough she was out the door.

Before her stood two men who wore suits, seemingly waiting for her to be woken up. She smiled awkwardly before being led to a nearby room. Once the door opened, Kira had to slap a hand over her mouth to keep her from laughing. Inside the room stood Bakugou, tied up against the first place pillar with metal chains and a muzzle around his mouth. He also had a bandage around his head making her wonder how he got it.

On second place stood Todoroki who had his arms wrapped up with bandages. 'He must've lost against Bakugou after me', observed Kira before she made her way to the third place pillar.
Todoroki glanced in her way and nodded in greeting, Kira returning it with a smile. Bakugou however wasn't as kind and started pulling and fighting against his restraints as soon as he laid eyes on Kira. Kira raised an eyebrow before sticking her tongue out towards the feral blonde, making him even more pissed than before. It seemed he wasn't too happy with his win.

A voice from above made Kira look up instead of at the craziness that is Katsuki Bakugou. She recognised the voice to be Midnight's, who was presenting the top 3 of the sports festival. Cheering and explosions of confetti were heard and all of a sudden, the platform they were standing on moved upwards. Kira had to squint her eyes a little bit because of the brightness once she was outside, but the sound was the thing bothering her the most. Her stage fright may have made a little appearance as well but she tried to suppress it by looking at the ground.