Crumbling World

Once time unfroze back on Earth, Lily and y/n carried on as if nothing happened. But Lily abruptly stopped leaning in towards y/n and put her hand on her chest, pushing the girl away. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at her girlfriend, confused at the sudden change of emotion.

"What's wrong, baby?" Y/n asked Lily as she noticed that all the love and warm emotions that were previously shining in her eyes were no longer there.

"Baby? Why the hell are you calling me baby when I don't even like you?" Lily snapped at y/n, making the girl flinch at her tone. Y/n then processed the words that she had just heard.

"Wha–what do you mean?" Y/n asked her in a small voice. But then she smiled, "is this payback for when I told you I didn't like you, but I love you? That's mean ya know to do that on my 18th birthday."

But Lily wasn't amused at all. Lily stared at the girl in front of her with all the love that was previously in her heart gone. She felt no emotion towards the girl. Well, no positive emotions, only negative ones.

"I don't love you!" Lily shouted at y/n as y/n grew self conscious. They were still in a public place and Lily was acting very weird now. Y/n could feel the eyes of the passing people glued onto them.

"Can we just take this to another place?" Y/n pleaded, wanting to figure out what the hell happened and how she could fix it.

"Destiny, you idiot wake up! We're all about to die!" Cupid yelled at Destiny who was still knocked out on the floor. He summoned a bucket of water and splashed the freezing water onto her body. That got the goddess up real quick.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" She yelled right away without missing a beat. She hastily wiped the water away from her eyes and blinked rapidly, looking around the room seeing a dry Cupid and Big Man.

"Oh you know, everything went perfectly!" Cupid answered with a fake smile and overwhelming sarcasm. Destiny scrambled to stand up and the floor underneath her cracked suddenly. She gasped and then heard more cracking coming from the walls.

The Big Man walked over to the screen and watched intently the scene that was unfolding on Earth. He might as well have the last memory of his be his failure before time stops. He knew this was ultimately his fault because he probably should've done the mental manipulation the day they figured out those two were the violations to the golden rule. But alas, he brushed it aside and waited until it was evidently too late. He sighed deeply and the other two gods were now by his side watching as well.

A piece of one of the chandeliers fell behind them, but none of them flinched because they knew that was only the beginning.

The beginning of the end.

"Lily, what's the matter?! We were fine and then midnight happened and bam! It's like you hate me!" Y/n asked her girlfriend desperately as the two were now in an area of the zoo where no one was really around.

Lily paced back and forth, clearly seething with anger and plenty more negative emotions. She then snapped her head to y/n and marched up to her, pointing her finger in her face,

"You know I only dated you because it was a dare, right?" Lily spat at y/n as y/n just looked at the girl, her heart clenching. She laughed through a fake smile,

"You are such a liar!" Y/n was indeed correct about the lie, but with Lily's 'new' memories, that's how the two girls became a thing.

"I am anything but that and you know it!" She yelled back. Lily then shook her head in amusement, "I can't believe you actually ended up loving me. I absolutely hate you."

"No you don't! I love you and you love me! You can quit the joke now, Lily!" Y/n countered as her mind was becoming a mess. All the inner turmoil that was happening was not doing her any good. The second guessing that was going on was slowly bubbling up inside her.