The Beginning

Up in the clouds above the mighty world known as Earth to the billions of inhabitants, heaven hovers over top. The white puffy clouds create a barrier that mere mortals cannot see through. The gods above that kept things in check are the only ones who can clearly observe the people below.

The two main gods keeping an active eye on humans being Destiny and Cupid. The dynamic duo that give people romantic relationships. Or at least try to in some cases.

Destiny shows herself as a woman in her 20's with long jet black hair always with some natural waves. The stunning pastel pink dress that cascades over her slender body is a sight to see. Her fair skin is clear of any imperfections and her eyes are a gorgeous hazel. She's always soft spoken and her smile dazzles when the light hits it just right. Destiny keeps her workspace clean and likes everything organized by color and size. She can see exactly what everyone will end up doing in their lives in a couple of seconds after they are born.

Cupid on the other hand shows himself as a scrawny man only 5'8 in height (which makes him look so small compared to the 6 foot goddess he works with). His dirty blonde hair is never neatly kept and his white suit always has a few stains from the food he messily eats while people watching. His desk is filled with empty food containers and papers scattered about. In his mind, chaos is simply just a more challenging type of clean. His trusty bow and arrows are hung up on the side of his desk though neatly after losing a bet to Destiny.

Two polar opposites that work together.

"Cupid, we have a new child being born over in New Zealand." Destiny called out to her colleague as she looked at the world map that lights up whenever a child is being born. There were always thousands of lights every second, so they both had the angels help out creating soulmates.

Cupid was oblivious to Destiny's words as he spun around aimlessly in his chair. Destiny grumbled to herself and slammed the red button on her desk that she got installed by an angel to help out in these situations. Cupid's chair disappeared into thin air and he dropped to the floor.

"Ow, really?" He complained as he rubbed his head that hit the floor. Destiny scoffed,

"If you just paid attention and did your job, I wouldn't have had to install that. Now, we have a soulmate being born and this one will be quite fun because their love story will be one we want to keep an eye on." Cupid rolled his eyes and grabbed his bow and arrow from the small hook to his left and stood up from the floor, stretching his legs and shaking off the soreness of the fall.

Destiny pinned the baby on the map at his desks and he nodded his head, looking towards the country of New Zealand. The hospital lit up and he moved a few clouds so he could get a clear view of the delivery room where the new born baby was. He glanced at the name on the birth certificate and saw Roseanne Chaeyoung Park written on it.

He smiled and saw the baby sound asleep in her mother's arms on the hospital bed. The little baby's father and older sister were sitting in a chair right next to them as the father looked over his two girls on the hospital bed.

"When's her soulmate being born?" Cupid asked Destiny as he drew an arrow and got ready to aim at the baby.

"Her soulmate will be born in two month. With the life I've seen from her, it's going to be an entertaining one. Get an arrow that will allow us to keep an eye on her." Destiny ordered Cupid as he annoyingly switched arrows. He aimed the heart shaped arrowhead at the baby and wanted to get her left forearm.

He's had some unfortunate arrows that have landed on unfortunate places on babies. They squirm around a lot, so when a baby will have a tattoo square on their forehead come 18, it's not his fault.