The Calm Before...

Y/n was woken up the day before her 18th birthday by her lovely girlfriend of just under 3 years, Lily. She was flat on her back in bed, so Lily was easily able to climb on top of her and lay a bunch of kisses all around her face. Y/n wrapped her arms around Lily's waist and smiled widely hearing her laugh.

"It's your last day being a kid! What do you want to do before you're a legal adult?" Lily asked her girlfriend as y/n smirked,

"I've always wanted to rob a bank."

"What?" Lily asked as if the girl underneath her was a stranger.

"Well what's the worst that a kid would get in punishment for robbing a bank, ya know? But if I was an adult, that would be horrible." Lily rolled her eyes,

"I wasn't expecting your answer to go straight to crime. Plus I would get the worst punishment out of the two of us if I helped because I'm already 18." Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at Lily,

"Then what are you doing dating a minor?!" Y/n playfully yelled as she reached for her phone, "Officer, yes I'd like to report a crime–"

"Oh shut up!" Lily said as she took y/n's phone out of her hands and put it back down on her nightstand. Lily then pecked y/n's lips, "I was thinking we can go to the zoo tonight because they are having all these cool lights around."

"Ooo, I heard about that last week and wanted to go sometime this week. Seems like you beat me to the punch though." Y/n said as Lily smiled, tracing y/n's facial features with her index finger.

"That I did beat you to the punch."

"Well do you have anything else planned for today?" Y/n asked Lily as a glint in her eyes gave her all the answers she needed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lily had gone home to spend time with her family afterwards since she would be with y/n tonight and probably all of tomorrow. Y/n sat with her mom and dad at the kitchen table as they discussed what y/n would be doing after the school year is over. This was something she didn't want to think about the day before turning 18, but her parents were adamant on the conversation. Y/n had applied to multiple universities and was still waiting to get acceptance letters from them.

In y/n's heart though, she really didn't want to go to university. She wanted to pursue dance and maybe do something with that. But she knew her parents would be disappointed in her if she didn't continue her academics. She fiddled with her fingers as her parents were talking about which university would be best for y/n.

"Did you like the University of Melbourne when we went on the tour last week?" Jamie asked her daughter. She could see the complete look of boredom from her daughter a kilometer away. Y/n was zoned out, so Jamie called her daughter's name again, finally getting her attention.

"What? Sorry I was zoned out." Y/n mumbled as she now looked between her parents.

"I asked if you like the University of Melbourne when we went to go see it." Jamie said as y/n shrugged her shoulders,

"It wasn't bad. They have a bad dance program though." Jamie and her husband shared a glance at the mention of the dance program. They both knew their daughter would prioritize that over anything academic when it came to picking a university. Her husband sighed,

"Y/n, you know you can't pick a university and judge it as a whole based on one thing." He told her as y/n just stared at him.

"But that's the thing I'm most passionate about, so I think it's fair to judge it that way."