Promises

The morning of the dance competition was upon y/n and she couldn't be a bigger mess of emotions. There was excitement, anxiety, fear, happiness, worry, and almost every other emotion she could think of. She woke up at 8am and the competition was starting at 2pm, so she had a ton of time. But she wanted to get there at least an hour before the whole thing started to get fully warmed up.

Her parents were still asleep since it was a Sunday, but y/n was wide awake, staring at the ceiling of her bedroom. She flung herself out of bed and went downstairs to eat a good breakfast that'll fill her up before she starts to stretch a crap ton. She rummaged through the refrigerator and decided on some eggs, turkey bacon, fruit, and toast. She got everything out and placed the stuff on the countertop, getting right to work.

While she cooked herself breakfast, she was listening to the music she would be dancing to in some hours. She was too into the music and almost burned all her food, but she was able to salvage most of it. Her parents awoke a little later and heard the music coming from downstairs, knowing y/n was up already. They got out of bed too since their daughter was tapping her feet to the music as she stuff her breakfast down her throat quickly.

"Y/n, you are going to choke on your food, eat slower." Her dad told her as she turned around to see her parents walking into the kitchen. She swallowed the mouthful of food before speaking up,

"But I need to stretch and get into the zone!" She complained as her parents rolled their eyes at their daughter. They both knew not to argue any further because their daughter would be persistent on this; she always was when it came to dance.

They both put their hands up in surrender and started to make their own breakfast as y/n finished hers. She then rushed to clean her dirty dishes she made and then ran upstairs to get her headphones. She snatched them off her nightstand and got her mp3 player as well, putting her headphones on and closing her eyes. Y/n let her head bop to the music and she started to do some stretching to get her muscles loosened enough.

She sat on the floor with her legs spread to either side and reached to the middle, feeling a small amount of soreness in her legs. But she held her position for a while in order to feel more flexible and relaxed. The music was keeping her mood and spirits up while stretching, so she was having a fun time with it.

Her phone chimed and her eyes opened, looking over to her Galaxy S III and saw that it was Lily that had texted her. She broke out into a big smile and reached over to look at the message.

Lily<3: i know ur
awake by now, so
good morning!!

Lily<3: and if i cant
talk to u before u go
to the competition,
ur gonna crush it and
i cant wait to see u after!

Y/n's heart fluttered at Lily's texts. Her fingers then started to move rapidly and she soon responded to the for that she'll be asking to be her girlfriend tonight.

Me: good morning to u
as well!!!

Me: and if u wanna call
me right now, be my
guest :)

It didn't take long before Lily's name popped up on her screen after her text. She pressed the answer button and brought her phone up to her ear as she brought her legs together and started to stretch straight out.

"Hey y/n!" Lily's voice said into y/n's ear.

"Hello Lily, how are you this morning?" She asked as her face scrunched up a bit in discomfort from the stretching.

"I'm doing good! I'm actually going to be doing some errands with my parents today, so that'll keep me busy until you come over later." Lily said to y/n as she smiled at knowing she'll be going over her house tonight.