◈24. Unholiness

Author's POV

Author's POV

It was dark, gloomy, and dim. Absolutely no source of light was found in the place we are currently talking about. Namjoon's eyes slowly opened, but it felt like they were still closed due to how dark it was in the room. It was not only dim but it was cold, empty, and...lonely. Namjoon wanted to panic, scream, and shout, after the thought of what happened to him before, gradually filled his brain like a poison working his way in his veins. But he couldn't do either of them, due to the unknown exhaustion that filled him. How long had he been like this for? No one knows, not even Namjoon himself.

With the bare minimum power that the boy had, he tried to lift himself off whatever he was sitting on. But to his dismay, something did not allow him to do so. It felt as if chains were restraining him on both his hands and feet. This just shocked him even more. He was truly held hostage. Namjoon tried using his brain which was on idle mode. He was probably sitting on the hard ground, with chains stopping him from going anywhere, and no escape to get out of here. Wow, such a nice person that Taehyung guy was! (¬_¬)

His back was also rested on a hard wall, giving him a decent position for resting. Namjoon sighed, he closed his eyes and rested his head on the wall. He then started thinking about his love. If only he had listened to Jin and not gone alone. If only he had...truly thought of the dangers that lied ahead of him. His mind slowly drifted to the thought of how Jin must be feeling, which just brought hot burning tears rolling down his cheeks. He left his Jin, all miserable and alone. What kind of lover was he? How can he do that to him?

More and more words filled his brain making him feel more guilty than ever before. He loved Jin from the bottom of his heart, so obviously, being alone like this after leaving him, had a heavy impact on Namjoon. How could he do this to the same person who has helped him in so many things and has been with him in his darkest times so far. He wanted Jin by his side, he wanted to ask Jin for forgiveness. He wanted to apologise to him for his actions and promise him that he won't go off like this ever again.

As he sorrowful thoughts were roaming in his brain, he started hearing something, they were perhaps the footsteps of some people. Namjoon's eyes widened when he realised that they might be coming to check on him. He immediately wiped his tears and pretended to go back to sleep. Soon after, the heavy metal door opened. He heard a few more footsteps, indicating that some people came inside

There was complete silence until a familiar voice spoke out. "Give us some privacy," Namjoon recognised the deep and cold voice, it was of the same guy from before. The other people who Namjoon guessed as guards left after closing the door again. He then heard Taehyung slowly and gently making his way towards him. He felt the intense stare on his face. It was as if a predator was stalking his lovely little prey. And Namjoon wouldn't be surprised if it WAS that kind of situation.

"Oh my dear, don't even dare to be fake asleep, I know that you already got your beauty sleep. So open up those eyes from me, doll." He said in the same deep and icy voice. Namjoon panicked. How did this guy know that he was not asleep! "Well, I just know somehow!" His smile was unseen by Namjoon. Though, Namjoon's eyes internally widened. It was as if the guy just read his brain. 'Wait, can he read my brain or something!?' Joon thought in panic. "Yes my, dolly!" Taehyung said in a cheery voice. And then Namjoon's eyes instantly snapped open.