⩈21. The Good and Evil

Author's POV

Author's POV

Namjoon's eyes instantly widened at the words of the mirror. His breath hitched as if he was about to stop breathing and die. It felt like his heart nearly skipped a beat. Butterflies started going extremely wild deep inside his tummy. His heart raced as if it was in an Olympic race. He didn't know that his first and only crush would be his dear soulmate.

He was about to go to Jin until he turned around and saw the man himself there, standing, with a surprised and nervous look on his face. It seemed to Namjoon that the others already saw what was written in the mirror. It also looked like he was aware of the fact. "J-jin, what is that...supposed to mean?" He asked as if he didn't fully understand.

"Well, Hyung, from the amount of fanfics you have read, I am sure you know what it means, so stop pretending." Namjoon gave a poker and disappointed face at the fact that his best friend or now we can say 'soulmate' just exposed him. "But still, do soulmates like...actually exist?"

"Well to answer that question, I will have to tell you additional information and history. So you better ready your ears to listen" Jin sighed. Namjoon just nodded and crossed his hands. And soon Jin started with his ted talk.

"In this universe, soulmates eexist And every person has a soulmate. Though people can get their soulmates only when they turn into adults or 18 you can say. And the beings that choose our soulmates are called 'Cupids'. I am sure you know them. Their job is to choose the best person that would fit you. When your soulmate is chosen, there will be a red string that will be connecting you both. And no, it's not connected from your fingers, it's connected from one person's heart to another."

"It's so like the stories that we humans made." "Well, that's because a cupid decided to spread this word into the human dimension, but due to the other cupids disagreeing with his acts, they decided to make it seem as if it was just a made-up story. No one knows the actual reason why they did that, though. Anyways, there are cases where 3 or more people can be each other's soulmates as well. It's not as usual, but it's still possible.

Also, the crimson string that connects the soulmates is usually invisible. Unless all of the people in the relationship know that they are each other's soulmates. Though, no human until now has seen that string due to them not actually knowing if the other person is really their soulmate." "So how is one able to know who their soulmate is?" Joon asked. "Well, I guess it's fate that decides if anyone is going to figure it out." "How did you figure it out then?"

"Well for me, I helped a cupid with some of his work. And also gave him advice on how he could improve his work. I honestly never asked for anything back, cause I was helping him willingly. Though one day, he wanted to return the favour, so he told me about my soulmate and that's how I met you.

I hated seeing how much you were suffering alone and feeling lonely. So I decided to take some of your burdens and make your life less lonely. But since I wasn't allowed to tell you that you were my soulmate, so I was just your best friend, only one level below lover, I guess." Jin gave a sad smile and Namjoon was nearly at the brim of crying.