⨮20. Realisation

Author's POV

Author's POV

It was the morning after Namjoon took the pledge of not leaving Jin. He did not even one bit regret his actions, he was proud of himself that he finally got the courage to do so. Though, the fella wasn't in a good mood. He just had a nightmare yesterday. So there he sat at the garden chair, trying to empty his brain out by looking at the beautiful scenery and breathing fresh air. And he has been doing this as soon as he woke up.

Jin noticed the actions of the elder ever since he woke up today as well. He felt that the other was...not like the usual. He wasn't his usual bubbly and happy self. And honestly, that's fine. People can't be happy and stressless all the time. If they are, then it's not real, they are mostly lying. But the problem is, if you keep your emotions and problems bottled up, deep inside, then it can affect you, just like a disease. It will keep growing and growing until it becomes so powerful that it destroys your life and in the end...kills you.

But anyway, the situation right now is probably not that bad, or maybe it is. But whatever it is, Jin is still going to talk to Joon about it. So he made his way to the place where Namjoon was at and sat on the opposite chair as him. He put two coffee mugs down and looked at the sky above them. Namjoon realised that the younger one was sitting in front of him, but didn't say anything, he just kept staring at the table.

"Explain," said Jin plainly, while still looking around. Namjoon looked up with a frown on his face. Probably because he didn't understand what the younger meant. "What do you mean?" Joon asked. "Explain what's going on in your brain. If not then I will burn down the piano" Jin said casually again. Namjoon just scoffed. "as if you actually will..." "Just tell meeee" Jin whined while finally looking at him.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine. I had a nightmare yesterday" Jin's listened attentively. "about?" "About my... e-ex-parents. I saw that they somehow came here and started..." He sighed once again before speaking. "throwing all their usual harsh words towards me. They hit me a couple of times and that's about it..." Namjoon's had traces of dreadfulness outlined with pain. It even hurt Jin, seeing the person he loved the most in the universe, in pain.

"You know, I sometimes agree with them. Not sometimes actually, most of the time. Maybe I AM a disgrace to the world, maybe I AM an embarrassment. Maybe I really shouldn't have been born. Maybe I AM a mistake." Namjoon's face looked as if he was in so much pain that he became numb. And well, what do you expect from him. The man has been sucking up his pain for years now without spilling a single bean about how HE was feeling. Or how much tears he might have cried while bottling and sucking up his emotions that he calls 'pathetic'.

Jin was boiling in anger on the inside. But he tried keeping his cool. Though, his fist was clenched tightly. He took a long breath before speaking. "So that's what you think, huh? Well, you know what? Let's handle this practically." Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "What evidence do you have that all of these statements that you said are true? How can I believe your words?" Namjoon was slightly shocked at what the other was asking but still spoke.