≑4. Unusual

Author's POV

Author's POV

Namjoon gave up on writing his death note at that moment. He was too lazy to do it. He just left it on his desk. He went downstairs with no emotions on his face. He entered the living room and saw no one. He instead heard something dropping from the kitchen. Yeah, it looks cliche, but just bear with me here. -_-

He took a long breath, he was ready to get attacked or maybe even killed. He walked in and saw that there was nothing that fell down. His guts were going weird but he didn't show anything on his face. He turned around and saw something on the kitchen wall though. There were two huge words written with a red liquid.

Namjoon's heart dropped, it felt like it nearly stopped for a second. But his face was the same, emotionless. There was nothing like, 'OMG' or 'HOW IS THIS HERE'. It was like he expected this to happen. This is not a reaction that I would expect from someone normal. But right, we forgot that Namjoon was slightly odd.

The words that were written said, 'Hello there!' "Yeah, sure! hello, there" Namjoon said with sarcasm. He headed towards that wall and gave it a look. He picked up a little bit of the opaque liquid from the writing and sniffed it. It was ketchup. "Wow, you HAD to write it with ketchup, and on this wall? Really?" Namjoon nagged as if he was talking to a person that was there.

He opened the fridge and looked at the ketchup bottle. The lid looked slightly loose. And he thought of doing something dumb. He wanted to see the fingerprint of the person that did this.

He went upstairs and brought a little bit of white chalk powder. He took a cloth and picked up the bottle with it so that he doesn't contaminate the fingerprints. He put the powder on the lid and the bottle and gently removed the excess powder with a medium-sized brush. He then took a large piece of tape and put it over the places intended.

He took out the tape and looked at it. There were...no fingerprints. Either there the culprit didn't actually USE his ketchup bottle and maybe had his own, or maybe there is a ghost in the house. To be honest, the first one seems slightly logical, but Namjoon still decided to believe that there was a ghost in the same house that he was living in.

"Wow, I have never known about what a ghost is capable of doing," he said with half sarcasm and half surprise. He then put everything aside and started cleaning the wall. "You really had to make my life harder didn't you!" He nagged to basically no one again. He scrubbed harder on the wall with frustration.

After cleaning he looked back at the kitchen. "Are you even going to show yourself?" He asked in a slightly calmer voice. No one was in vision. "Well, I guess you are going to either never do anything again or maybe just haunt me until the day I die." He sighed and walked back to his room.

Then just like that, the day passed by, and then another day passed by. Many days passed by. They were all the same as before, but with just a little bit of difference. Nowadays, he can hear ringing sounds, he feels like someone is staring at him, he sees shadows at night. He very often feels a sudden dash of coldness pass through at unusual times and places. He also sees random poems written at irrelevant places, just like before. And at least one of these happen to him every single day. Maybe these days weren't the same as before.

Now today, was a weird day. Immediately when he returned home from college and work, his mother said a very unusual thing to him. "Get dressed quickly, our relatives are coming." As I said before, relatives coming to their house was not a normal thing. That only happened if there was a huge festival or maybe either one of the people wanted to show off. And his second prediction was right. His mother told him that they were coming because Han got promoted.

He went to Han and congratulated him. But he was completely ignored by his brother who was getting praised by his father. Namjoon's heart slightly aced at the sight. Both the father and the son were sitting on the couch together. His father had his hand on Han's shoulder while giving him a warm and fatherly smile. He was proud of his oldest son. Never in his life has their father treated Namjoon like that. He never even smiled at Namjoon like that.

Namjoon was soon snapped out of his thoughts by his father's voice. "What are you looking at? Go get changed!" He said. Namjoon immediately went to his room and changed.

When he came down he saw his mother approaching him again. "Since the relatives are coming, you are going to be playing the piano." Namjoon's heart lifted up. Oh my God, yes! "You are not allowed to come out of the room unless told to do so. I hope they don't notice your absence. Also, I unlocked the room. So you can go in and open up the piano." She said with a bored voice.

And that is how Namjoon has been playing the piano continuously since the arrival of the guests. At first, he couldn't play too well, because he didn't play it for ages. But since he warmed up, he wasn't too bad. The more he played, the more he started remembering all the techniques. This was a very lucky day. He got to play his lovely piano once again. Namjoon even brought his favourite music book filled with fun and dark music pieces.

Also, Namjoon hasn't been called for edges, so there is a chance that he might miss dinner. But he didn't care about it. He didn't need to care about it when he had his piano.

As he was playing he started noticing something appearing on the page. It was as if words in a black colour started to appear themselves. Namjoon's eyes widened, his heartbeat was rising but not quite. The thing that he was surprised the most about was the timing. He did not expect anything at this moment. He paused playing the piano and rubbed his eyes just to check if he was hallucinating. He, in fact, wasn't. And this is what it said.

"Your playing is just as beautiful as you"

Then someone came into the room. "What happened, continue playing!" Ari whisper-yelled to him. Namjoon nodded his head and hesitantly started playing. He looked back at the score and the words started disappearing.