※3. Poems

Author's POV

Author's POV

Namjoon was currently in his Ethic's lecture right now. It was boring, but there was nothing he could do about it. He just had to take notes so he could study back on them. He was extremely sleepy as well, for obvious reasons. He literally had to take a coffee with triple shots of espresso just to be able to comprehend what the professor was talking about.

As he flipped the next page of his textbook, he saw something unusual. It was a poem that was written in it with what seemed like a pen.

'Like a shadow, I will be behind you. Like a shadow, I will be with you. Forever.

On the nights of the shadows, I shall see you.'

The poem looked a little bit confusing to Namjoon. He didn't understand it. Though he didn't freak out from that being in the book. Because he thought that, since this book was borrowed from the library, so it could be that someone just wrote this in it. Maybe that person just read too many romantic novels.

Namjoon just ignored the poem and continued taking extra notes.

Free Period

Namjoon walked through the garden. He had a free period for two hours. So what this could mean is that he can go study for those hours. And unfortunately, that's what he planned on doing. Though he decided to take some fresh air in the garden and then head back to the library.

He walked and walked. There was a lot going through his brain. He was actually pretty worried about his exams, he wasn't even getting bothered to study. It was as if his brain didn't care. I mean he gets it, there are times when you don't wanna study. But this was an extremely important exam. He didn't know how to do it. He didn't know what to do. If his brain keeps refusing him to study then he will definitely fail.

Before he took another step, he saw something on the ground. Again, there were some sentences written with a pastel blue chalk.

"Like the wind, I will blow by you. Like a sword, I will stab through you."

Now this one was a little bit concerning. I mean not that much. But as we know, Namjoon again just ignored it. He didn't have the energy to wonder why this was here. Someone might have written it out of fun or something. Also, Namjoon really liked the handwriting.

He walked for another 10 minutes before the wind...started blowing...very strongly. Namjoon loved being in the wind because it was so refreshing, so he was just enjoying the moment. But the wind became way too powerful for him to just stand there. He started making his way back inside the building. As he took more steps he started hearing a ringing sound. It wasn't too loud at first, but it kept becoming louder. Namjoon just tried to keep it in but it was becoming too hard. It was so loud and painful that it was impossible to just walk it off.

He fell to the ground while groaning in pain and holding his head. Cold sweat appeared on his face. His nose and ears were the coldest things he could feel. His breathing started to get heavier. It was too much for him.

However, the wind suddenly stopped, everything stopped. It was too sudden to be true. The ringing stopped as well. Namjoon took his hand off his ears. He looked around, there was nothing and no one. It was as if this was all just a dream. A huge frown grew on Namjoon's face when he remembered the two lines he saw on the ground. He stood up and ran back to that exact place. But, there was nothing. It was as if there was no such thing written there. All of this was very confusing.

Since there was nothing Namjoon could do about this situation. He went back inside the building.

In evening

The 6th homework, finished! Let's go!!!!!! Namjoon put his hands up in the air and gave out a loud high-pitched 'WOOHOO!' He stood up and did a small victory dance. It was a stressful day and finishing 6 extremely hard homeworks in just one go was like a miracle to him as a student.

Before he went back to his seat he saw a shadow quickly pass in front of him. He was looking down so he only saw it on the floor. The shape of the shadow was more like a round object. It for sure wasn't of a bat that might have just flown by his window and had a shadow made with the light of the moon. No, it was like, a thing just flew over his head.

His eyes just widened and then back to normal. He paused all his movements and just soaked in what just happened. "I feel like I am going to actually die really soon." He muttered to himself. He went back to his seat and thought about the things that he saw today.

He saw a bunch of sentences that made no sense and a stupid shadow that might be here to kill him while he sleeps. He took out his diary and wrote down the sentences that he saw earlier.

He wrote them both down and compared them. There were a bunch of similarities between the two of them. Almost all of the sentences in both of them started with a simile. 'Like a' blah blah blah. And another similarity was that almost all the sentences in both writings ended with a 'you'. This could mean that both of these were written by the same person.

Another thing was that things that happened to Namjoon in the garden were almost exactly like the writing. 'Like a wind, I will blow by you', the horrendous wind suddenly started blowing by him. 'Like a sword, I will stab through you', this part is not exactly the same as what happened but you can still see the resemblance. When the wind was blowing by him the sharp painful ringing sound was heard by him. It was literally like a stabbing pain.

"Maybe I should start writing my death note." He casually said. And Namjoon wasn't just jokingly saying that. If he was going to die soon then he is not sad about that. He would be pretty happy if his time came. But now you might be wondering, "if he wanted to die then why the hell didn't he try to kill himself?" Well, he did, when he was in the suicidal stage. Though that was only once...or maybe more.

He has seen the way people talk about those dead people. They call them weak just because they took their own life. They still talk negatively about the dead. And it really offends and angers Namjoon. Only if they knew the amount of pain they went through.

To Namjoon, those dead people were the strongest people. They finally freed themselves from their miseries. They had the guts to do that unlike him. Namjoon wanted to be with them as well, but...he was too scared to do it. He was hesitant.

But after counselling, he pledged to himself that he won't kill himself. He would rather get killed by someone else than people calling him and his people weak. Calling them weak because they couldn't live in this horrifying world.

Before Namjoon put the pen to paper, he stopped. 'I think I will wait for a few days and see if this continues. And if it does, then I will write it.' He thought. He put the paper and pen back but then he heard some murmur from downstairs. No one was home today and no one was going to come home today.

Namjoon took the pen and paper back from its place. "Maybe I WILL write it." He started scribbling the letters of the alphabet on the paper.

I honestly don't know why all of the chapters are so bad and not bringing the story further. Also, I will be uploading slightly late because I am going to be having in-school learning. So I can't just pretend as if I am working but I am actually writing my book, cuz the teacher will see me. Wish me luck!

꧁༺ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! ༻꧂