Surprising Strategies! CH-78

Comincia dall'inizio

"Once more! Thunderpunch!" Paul exclaimed. Electivire's other fist glowed brightly yellow as it struck Charizard against his jaw, making him collapse. As soon as Charizard hit the ground, he reverted back to his original form.

"Charizard is unable to battle!" The referee announced as it was now a heavily injured Blaziken against a heavily breathing Electivire. "Blaziken use Close Combat!" May yelled in an attempt to catch Paul and Electivire off guard.

"Blaziken---!" Blaziken exclaimed as he jumped at Electivire with glowing fists. "Gotcha---" Paul smirked. "You know what to do." He added.

As Blaziken launched his fist forward, Electivire quickly side stepped causing Blaziken to miss. Electivire used the momentum to immediately wrap his two tails around Blaziken's wrist, trapping him.

Brock stood at the stands while Dawn stood right next to Paul. Both had shocked expressions on their faces as they knew what would happen next.

"Thunder!"

As soon as the call was made, Electivire released a massive bolt of electricity, consuming Blaziken completely. Blaziken screamed of the endless pain he was suffering. "Blaziken!!" May yelled on top of her lungs. She couldn't do anything but hope that Blaziken was somehow alright. The bolts of electricity coursed through his whole body. It felt like there was no end to the amount of electricity Electivire released and after a couple minutes of being electrocuted, Electivire stopped the assault. He slowly let go of Blaziken's wrist and Blaziken dropped immediately to the ground.

Blaziken was shaking every now and then as electric sparkes were visible around his body and smoke was rising from his body. It became clear that Blaziken was in no state to continue as there were swirls in his eyes.

"Blaziken is unable to battle, therefore the team of Dawn and Paul are the winners!" The referee announced.

"What a marvelous battle! After a marvelous comeback from Paul and Electivire, they move on to the next round!" Sycamore commentated.

May sighed as she returned Blaziken. "You've done well Blaziken." She said before she turned to Trevor. "Thanks Trev, we almost won thanks to you and Charizard saving Blaziken."

Trevor smiled genuinely. "Thank you too May! You were great aswell. Next time we'll win for sure!" He retorted before he and May gave eachother a firm handshake and a small hug. After that, they walked towards the middle of the battlefield where Dawn and Paul already stood.

Trevor and Paul exchanged a handshake while May gave Dawn a hug. "Congratulations on advancing you two!" She said as she looked Dawn straight in the eyes. "Make sure you two win it now." She added.

"We'll do our best!" Dawn said in her usual happy and energetic tone while Paul just casually nodded with a serious look on his face.

As the two teams departed, they made their way back to the tunnels.

In the corridors, Ash and Serena stood infront of eachother with their eyes locked. They both held eachothers hands and were inches apart. "You ready?" Ash asked with a small grin on his face.

"More then ready!" Serena nodded as she smiled determinedly. Ash took a step back and held his fist infront of him. Serena understood immediately what he meant and put her fist against his. Lucario smiled as he also put his fist against Ash's and Serena's while pikachu leaped on Ash's arm and put his against theirs. "Let's do this!" Ash and Serena yelled as Pikachu and Lucario cheered out at the same time.

After pulling back their fists, Pikachu jumped on Lucario's shoulder as Ash and Serena inched closer before giving eachother a passionate kiss. "Let's beat them!" Ash stated determinedly as he stepped back. "Right!" Serena added with a smile.