Surprising Strategies! CH-78

Start from the beginning

"What is it Ash?" Serena asked, quizzingly.

"This is the same trick he pulled on me during the Sinnoh League. I used it before once on Paul and it seems it inspired it. I never expected him to use something like that back then as we both had a really intense rivalry. So intense that it came to the point of hating eachother." Ash retorted.

"That doesn't sound real... You never hate something or someone. Instead you always try to find the positive things." Serena said. She never really knew how Ash was during his previous journeys. Ofcourse she had heard some stories but hating people was something her Ash wouldn't do.

*BOOM*

Charizard and Blaziken who cried out as rock after rock hit them with full force due to the height they were at, making them able to get the maximum amount of speed.

Dawn however wasn't interested at the battle anymore. "Piplup!" She shouted worriedly as she started lifting the stones so she could free her beloved penguin pokemon.

As she finally saw Piplup's leg, she went faster and faster. Sadness and tears were all over her face as she carefully pulled Piplup out of the rubble and cradled him in her arms. Piplup was completely covered in injury marks. It was clear to Dawn that he wasn't in the condition to continue the battle.

"My poor boy, I'm proud of you..." she muttered as she softly kissed her partner since day one on his forehead. Piplup let out a weak cry as he patted Dawn's arm with his flipper like arm. "Thank you Piplup, you deserve a nice long rest." Dawn stiffled a sniff as she returned her fallen partner back to his pokeball.

After she put the pokeball away she walked back to Paul with a serious look on her face. "Win this---" Was the only thing she said. Paul nodded as he smiled slightly before he turned to Electivire. "Thunder again and then Thunderpunch!" He exclaimed coldly.

"Let's go Serena." Ash said as he stood up. Serena looked at him in a confused manner. "But the battle isn't over yet?" She asked. A small smile crept on Ash's face. May and Trevor sure were his friends but after seeing the look on Dawn and Paul's faces, he knew the end of this battle already. "The battle is over..." He muttered under his breath as he started to make his way over to the corridors.

Serena quickly stood up aswell and followed Ash. "Bye guys!" She added. "Goodluck you two!" Shauna retorted as both Ash and Serena left the stands.

The boulders rained down once more on Blaziken and Charizard who stood there just like their trainers, unable to think of a way to get out of this situation.

*BOOM*

The rocks crashed into them, whipping up a massive cloud of dust and debris. After a few moments, the dust cleared. Both Charizard and Blaziken were heavily injured and covered in scratches and bruises.

Trevor could see Charizard had almost nothing left anymore, just like Blaziken. He also saw Electivire running towards them with his fists glowing in an electric yellow colour.

"Charizard! Protect Blaziken!" He yelled in a last possible attempt to make sure they reach the next round. May stood next to him, stunned by what she just heard. Trevor and Charizard were about to give up their chances in order to save Blaziken so she could try to end the battle.

"Grrr-!!" Charizard roared loudly as it jumped back on his feet. Electivire was about to launch towards Blaziken who was still on the ground.

*BOOM*

Everything seemed to slow down as Electivire's fist stopped glowing blue as it hit his target. But except for hitting Blaziken, Charizard stood infront of Electivire, holding his arms out to stop the Thunderpunch. Charizard's face displayed signs that it was hurt badly but wasn't interested in giving up at all.