|51| IKA-LIMANGPU'T ISANG KABANATA

Start from the beginning

Tristan sighed, leaning against the chair. "I know Aiden and I'm a pretty good judge of character. I think you two are great for each other." I smiled at both of them, leaning in to give Syd a side hug and muttering a thank you to them. "Just to clarify though, she won't be your student anymore, right? And you two didn't... you know."

"Student?" Sydney and Bianca said in unison. I guess Tris didn't tell her girlfriend then.

I grimaced before explaining. "We weren't in a relationship when she was still a student and on the process of divorce, she did court me though. And I'll make sure we won't be in the same class for the next semester."

They nodded in understanding. After a few questions, mostly from Tris, we talked about a different topic as we ate. I sighed in relief, feeling a little bit better to have told my relationship to two important people in my life. It didn't feel great keeping something like this a secret, especially from my family. The only problem I have is telling Aaron and my parents.

"I'm curious though," Tris wiggled his eyebrows at me. "How big is she?"

I scrunched my nose at his question, smacking his arm. "Why would you ask that?"

"I'm curious, you can't blame me!" He defended, raising his hands. "But like, who's bigger between the two of us?"

"Oh g-d," I shook my head in disbelief as the two face palmed. "I'm leaving, I'm gonna check on them." I stood up from my seat, ready to leave.

"Oh come on, why can't you tell me?"

Smiling mischievously, I leaned down to whisper in his ear. "I didn't want to hurt your feelings," I then patted his back and strutted away.

"You're such a bitch!"

— AIDEN —

"Are you hurt, Aide?"

I frowned down at the kid. "What do you mean?"

Aaron pursed his lips. "I've been noticing it since earlier. That," my eyes widened when he pointed towards my neck which is currently decorated with love bites and hickies that ranges from red to purple, all Amayah's doing. That doesn't even include the ones on my shoulder, chest and back.

I cleared my throat, rubbing my neck in nervousness. "H-Had a bad rash last night, don't mind it. Oh! How was the talk with mama? Did you enjoy it?"

Although confused at the sudden change of topic, Aaron nodded enthusiastically. "She's a very lovely person, just like you. I hope I could see her in person."

Smiling, I ruffled his hair. "Soon, bud. Soon."

"How soon?"

"It's a secret."

"What secret?" We both turned to the door when it opened, Amayah's voice reaching my ears. The beauty had a raised brow, a smile playing on her lips.

"Were you eavesdropping again?" Aaron crossed his arms, looking at his mom.

"And if I was?" The beauty shot back. "What were you two talking about?"

"Nothing. Right, Aide?" I nodded apprehensively when the boy turned to me.

"Right."

The beauty raised her brow at me and I cowered, avoiding her eyes with a sly smile. As soon as she sat down next to us on the bed, I got up immediately. I walked towards the door, smiling at Amayah.

"I gotta take a shower."

"She's trying to escape," Aaron muttered, slumping down the bed.

"Bye!"

Laughing when Amayah called after me, I went straight towards her room. Halting in my steps when I saw a brunette woman sitting in front of Amaya's vanity table. I stopped abruptly, clasping my hands behind my back.

"H-Hi," I greeted nervously.

She smiled, standing up. "Aiden, right?" I nodded, accepting the handshake. "I'm Sydney, Amayah's bestfriend."

"Nice to meet you, ma'am."

The woman chuckled. "Please, just call me Sydney. You make me sound so old," she then grimaced. "Which I probably am compared to you."

"I don't think people in their 30s are old," I frown, finding it odd that she thinks she's old. 50 is old. Besides, she looks fairly young to me.

Sydney only smiled at what I said. "I'm guessing you know why I'm here?"

I nodded. "To give me the 'talk'?"

"Not necessarily, I just want you to know that Amayah's been through enough, and another heartbreak isn't going to do her any good. Please take care of her, that's all I ask."

"I will do my best to be someone deserving of her."

"You better or else I'll drag your ass all the way back to your mom's womb."

Although she said it in a teasing manner, I'm pretty sure she's being serious. Instead of showing my nervousness, I chuckled awkwardly.

"I heard that, Syd," we both turned to the voice, Amayah stood with her arms crossed behind me. "Stop threatening my girlfriend, I literally just got divorced, don't scare this one away."

The brunette rolled her eyes. "I'm not scaring her. Am I scaring you, Aiden?"

"No, ma'am," I answered immediately, shaking my head.

"See?"

Amayah pulled her friend's hand. "Get out and entertain my son, I'm going to take a shower."

Sydney smirked. "Shower? More like finish what we interrupted."

"Get out before I kick you out of my house."

I couldn't help but smile as I watch Amayah bicker with her friend, seeing how fun she's having. With a triumph smile, she managed to push Sydney out of the door. Waiting patiently, I rocked back and forth on my feet.

"Am I showering first or are you?" I asked once she turned to me.

The beauty smirked, grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me inside her bathroom. "We're showering together, baby."

"Oh, okay. That sounds nice."

—————

Votes and comments will truly be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

————

A/N: Definitely missed, didn't have to ask this time. Btw, hiiiiiiiii 🙈

My deepest apologies for the late update. Forgive me, love you 😙

This TimeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara