|32| IKA-TATLUMPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA

— AIDEN —

Moving back and forth in my feet, I hummed to myself as I waited for the door to open. The smile on my face evident since I left the dorm to buy things and come here. I didn't have to wait too long when the door opened, revealing Amayah wearing her robe and looking like she had just woken up. Her 3c hair still perfect as ever, face free from any makeup and her natural scent of lily and vanilla enveloped my nose.

"Good morning." I greeted with a shy smile. "You look beautiful, Amayah." 

My heart felt giddy when I received a smile in return. "Good morning, Aiden." Her voice was soothing, and my name never sounded so beautiful coming out of her mouth. "What are you doing here so early?"

"Did I wake you up?" I asked apprehensively, worried that I might have disturbed her sleep.

She shook her head. "I was already up about 5 minutes ago, don't worry."

That's a relief.

Remembering why I came here in the first place, I handed her the paper bag of breakfast that I bought before coming here. Although confused, Amayah accepted it, opening to see the pastries.

"Breakfast, for you and Aaron. Oh! This too," I took the flower I put in my bag that thankfully didn't get crushed. A single stem of pink tulips I knew she loved. "For you."

I started rambling."I don't really know a lot about courting, the books I've read that included romance usually goes straight to the dating phase. My parents also never taught me anything about it, so I ended up searching the internet, it said that bringing flowers and breakfast is a good way to start. I wasn't sure if I should cook or just buy one but then time already run out so I had no choice but to buy. I also didn't get to bring coffee because it might get cold on the way here. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do. Am I doing good?"

"Yes, Darling. You are," The surprise showed on my face when she leaned in to press a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you."

"W-Welcome."

Amayah opened the door wider, clutching her robe. "Do you want to come inside and have breakfast with us?"

"No, I actually have to go now. I have a morning class in 30 minutes." I declined the offer although my mind kept on telling me to screw class and just stay here to spend my morning with the person I like. "And I already had breakfast, too."

Amayah nodded in understanding. "Alright, if you say so. Wait here though, I'll be back for a bit." Curious, I watched as she left the door open and jogged upstairs to her room.

I quickly averted my eyes when it landed on the back of her exposed thighs not being covered by the robe. Clearing my throat, I rid my mind of inappropriate thoughts and waited patiently for Amayah to come back.

I didn't have to wait long as she came back after a few minutes, now holding something in her hand.

"Here, before you go." She handed me a well-wrapped box. It looks like a present. "I never got to give you your birthday gift, because–well, you know..."

Right, after everything that went down the past few days.

Although my birthday already ended over a week ago, the happiness that I felt from receiving something from Amayah ignited. Grinning from ear to ear, I accepted it, handling the box as gently as I can. It wasn't heavy nor too light. I wonder what's inside?

"You really didn't have to, but thank you. Should I-uh, should I open it now?"

Chuckling, she told me to go on, so without further a do, I carefully unwrapped the present to reveal the inside. Not wanting to destroy how she seemed to perfectly wrapped the cover around it.