|48| IKA-APATNAPU'T WALONG KABANATA

— AIDEN —

They never left.

Tristan thought it would be a good idea to have another family trip along with me, although I didn't get to come due to my work at the coffee shop, hence Amayah and I never got our alone time again. I wasn't sure if I'm disappointed or relieved, maybe even both. Disappointed because I didn't get to return the gesture and finally take that step. Relieved because I'm not sure I will be good at pleasing someone orally. I still have a lot to learn.

"Is it someone we know?" Zoey insisted, following behind me as I type a message to my tita in which she will pass to mama once she visits. It's only a few more weeks before her release and my parents along with tita are preparing everything.

"You don't know her," I answered then proceeded to type another message, this one for my mom. Zoey clinging onto my arm.

Aiden: You're visiting with dad?

Mom: Yes, next week. We want to see you.

Aiden: Okay, I'll be waiting. I gotta go now tho, talk to you later.

Mom: Don't forget to eat your dinner.

I bit my lip in thought, wondering if their visit is a good time to tell them I'm in a relationship without telling them who, but knowing mom, she'll keep on bugging me until I give in. Things like this isn't something I could just hide, especially to her and dad.

I'm not entirely sure if they'll be happy I'm dating a former professor of mine who still works at the college I'm studying in, but I'm pretty sure they'll be happy I finally found someone to be with. Although, they don't really have to know the circumstances, right?

"Aide!" Zoey whined, catching my attention once again.

"You'll meet her eventually," I said with a smile to the pouting blonde before leaving her in the kitchen. I took my bag from the couch, the 2 set of clothes I packed all inside along with a few necessities. 

"Where are you going?" Vera asked, eyes moving away from her laptop. "Date?" She added teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows.

Lexie smirked. "Probably." She answered for me.

"Have fun, dude." Julius gave me a salute that I returned. It actually surprises me that he still manages to keep the identity of my girlfriend a secret to our friend group, especially to his girlfriend. Lexie has him wrapped around her fingers.

I bid goodbye to my friends and headed straight to Amayah's house. I originally wanted to come before lunch so I could cook for her, but the beauty apparently had a hair appointment and was meeting a friend. She went out to eat instead. Skipping slightly until I reached the gate, I then rang the doorbell.

Tapping my foot against the floor, a smile made its way to my lips when my gorgeous lover finally appeared. Pulling me by my hand, Amayah dragged us inside her house before pushing me against the door and crashing our lips together in a passionate kiss.

"I missed you," she whispered breathlessly, arms circling around my neck.

The beating of my heart intensified at her words and the lingering feeling her soft lips left on mine. My smile widened, wrapping her warm body between my arms. Leaning down, I let my lips touch her forehead, letting go to mutter the same words I've been feeling the past two days without her.

"I missed you, too." I pecked her lips gently. "You look beautiful, by the way, specially your hair."

"Thank you, baby. It did cost me a lot of money," she said the last part playfully, but I'm positive it was true. Even upon seeing her hair products inside the bathroom, they look expensive. Is it because of her natural hair? "Have you had dinner yet?"