|29| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA

— AIDEN —

"Hey, guys."

Sir Tristan smiled, tossing and catching his keys in the air as he entered the house. I sat on the couch, a throw pillow on my lap and body rigid. My heart still beating fast, but now with the addition of nervousness. Sweat forming on my forehead as I fidgeted with my hands.

Please go down.

Please go down.

Unconsciously, I started to shake my leg. The feeling of anxiousness growing by the second.

"Forgot my file," he showed the envelope he grabbed from the table. "Just came to get it."  

"You're not staying?" Amayah asked, sat on the opposite side.

"No, I have to get back to uh... work," My eyebrow rose in question when he briefly glanced at me. "Busy week."

"Alright, take care on the way."

Sir Tristan smiled and was about to step out when he glanced back at me. "I just remembered, your dorm is on the same way as my workplace, right?" I nodded. "I can give you a ride home if you want."

I bit my lip, thinking. Despite wanting to continue talking or whatever it was I was doing with the dark haired woman, the need to disappear and run away after the discovery of my appendage was stronger. We were supposed to be having a conversation, not that.

And now that she knows, I'm sure she'll finally tell me to stay away now. I don't think I'm ready for another heartbreak just yet.

"That won't be necessary–"

I cut the beauty off. "I am actually leaving now. I'll take the offer if it's okay." I rushed out.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Professor Peterson looking at me with a raised brow and confused look. I decided to ignore it.

"Alright, come on."

Without even managing to stand up, the seemingly upset woman grabbed my hand discreetly and turned to her husband with a fake smile. But I don't think he noticed that it was.

"She doesn't need the ride, I still have something to say to her."

Nooo, I don't wanna talk anymore.

I pushed down the urge to whine and protest, maintaining a smile in front of Sir Tristan.

"She doesn't?" Looking at me, I had no option but to nod my head when I felt a rather hard squeeze on my hand.

"Yes, Sir. I forgot about it."

Sir Tristan nodded understandingly. "If you say so. Alright, I'll be going now."

Yup, I'm dead. She's gonna kill me for trying to leave.

As soon as he left, Professor Peterson's smile dropped as she looked at me, letting go of my hand. "Why'd you say yes? We're not done talking."

"T-That wasn't talking." I stuttered like a bitch, blushing as my still hardened member is a reminder of what just happened between us. "I wanna go home now."

"You were the one who kept on pushing me to talk, now you're running?"

"Because!" I couldn't help but whine.

Her lips twitched, trying to fight a smile. "Because what?"

I shook my head, not wanting to answer. She knows why.

"Is it because I kissed you?" Her eyebrow rose in question, and I almost slapped myself when a look of hurt crossed her face when I didn't answer fast enough. I was just wondering if it was just kissing. It felt too intimate and intense to just call it kissing.