|48| IKA-APATNAPU'T WALONG KABANATA

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. "I wanted to eat with you."

Amayah pouted her lips. "I already ate with the friend I told you about, I can make dinner for you though."

"You don't have to, I'm not hungry anyway."

Dark brown eyes rolled at my reply. "Nonsense, you're eating. Wait here while I cook." Amayah made me sit in the stool as she started preparing everything.

Leaning my elbows on kitchen island and my chin between my palms, I watched as my beauty moved around gracefully. "Sooo, this friend, is she someone I've already met?"

She nodded without looking. "You have, actually. That one time we bumped into each other at the mall, she was the one I was with. I also mentioned her to you, her name's Sasha, remember?"

I hummed. "I do, she's your only other close friend aside from Tristan, right?"

"Yeah, why? You want to meet her?" The older woman asked, turning around. It was a playful question, but it did caught me off-guard. Seeing my reaction, Amayah raised a brow. "You want to?"

"Ugh, n-no, I was just curious. But I do have something to say," I started nervously. "My parents are visiting next week and..."

"And?"

"And I was wondering if I could tell them about you, about us. Not necessarily you-you, just that I'm in a relationship with someone. It's just... there's not a lot of people in my life and when there is, it's pretty important for mom to meet them." Anxiously, I started bouncing my leg as I waited for her reaction and answer, my eyes staring down at my fidgeting hands.

I scrunched my nose when warm hands touched both of my cheeks, squishing my face playfully. "I'm okay with that."

I grinned happily at her permission. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pulled her into me and placed my head on top of her chest. "Once everything's okay, I want you to meet them officially, also with my mama."

"Your mama?" Amayah repeated teasingly.

I nodded childishly. "My mama."

It was a few seconds of silence before the older woman spoke again. "I've been curious lately..." I hummed to let her know she could go on. "Do you have two moms?

"I do," I answered briefly, not giving any more details. "After dinner, I have something to tell you."

Even though Amayah never said anything, I knew she wants to know about my family situation. I think this is the right time to tell her, especially since we are in a relationship and if I want to make this work, I need to fully trust her and open up.

————— - ————— -  —————

"He's still in jail for drugs, but mom said he'll be out this year." I finished with a timid smile, telling Amayah everything from the start. When we found out my situation, to my father turning into an alcoholic, the abuse, my mama's trial and when I got adopted by the Crawford couple.

Amayah stayed silent, her warm hand holding mine, thumb caressing my wrist affectionately. I was more glad than I thought when she didn't say anything, not really wanting to hear any advice or words of encouragement. I already know everything I needed to know and I don't give a damn about that man anymore, talking about him doesn't hurt me like before.

"I can't wait to meet your family," is what the beauty said instead.

"Me too," I replied with a smile, kissing her forehead. "They'll love you."

"I hope they do."

After talking a bit more about my family, we decided to change into a more comfortable clothes. I laid down on the bed with Amayah, now wearing a shirt and boxer shorts. The dark haired woman didn't waste time to snuggle up beside me, laying her arm over my stomach and placing her head on my chest. Sighing, I wrapped one arm around her waist, the other playing with her fingers.

"You're not squirming," she pointed out teasingly. "You're usually so shy when I cuddle up to you like this."

I chuckled, blushing. "I'm getting used to it."

And we've already done things, I think it boosted some of my confidence.

"Besides, it's not because of the hug itself, what makes me shy is feeling your bare skin." I pointed to her nightgown that looks less and less like a clothing meant to cover up her body. The material looking seductive and very revealing. I think she's doing it on purpose.

I don't think I'll be complaining though.

"What's wrong with it?" She raised a brow at me.

"Absolutely nothing," I replied with a smile. "I like it."

"I can see that," she said teasingly, patting just below my navel. A blush spread through my cheeks upon understanding what she meant.

"I'm not hard!" I whined, moving away from her. Amayah laughed, reaching out with her hand and putting her body on top of me instead. I groaned as she laid fully, trapping me beneath her.

"I'm just kidding," She giggled, bottom lip caught in between her teeth. My frown vanished as I basked in at the sound of her laughter and the look of genuine happiness in her eyes. A smile automatically appeared on my lips, enjoying the delightful sound I managed to elicit from the beauty above me.

"I like the sound of your laugh."

"You can't just say things like that out of nowhere," Amayah whispered, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"Why not? I'm only saying what I feel."

"What you feel?" I nodded. "How do you think I feel right now?"

"I don't know, how do you feel right now?"

"I feel like I'm falling in love with you."

It felt like my heart stopped beating and time stopped running as soon as I heard the words come out of her mouth. I stared into dark brown eyes to look for any lies or deceit, but it only showed the genuineness behind her words.

"Then I'll be here waiting for you to completely fall, because I'm already in love with you, Amayah. I've been loving you more and more each day."

—————

Votes and comments will truly be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

—————

A/N: I managed to get some free time off 🥲 Sorry if this chap sucks ass, I've been having a hard time writing lately.