Chapter 1.4

Clothes:

Clothes:

I I was staring at that metallic square trying to muster up the courage to finally open it after stall for years

That little piece of metal held things to my father, things that were important to him.

My eyes scanned the entire room I was in as I worked up the courage to finally open that safe.

A place I make a point of caring for and keeping as clean as possible.

My parents' room.

It was difficult for me to go in there, whenever I left crying. It hurt so much but I didn't stop visiting, and sometimes even sleeping there. It gave me a feeling of comfort.

I ran my fingers around the perfectly aligned bed, feeling the soft fabric of the sheet slide over my fingers. I walk towards the servant beside the bed, where there are two picture frames.

One showed my parents' wedding day and the other was the day my parents brought me home after my mother gave birth to me.

I feel my breath getting a little shaky as I pick up their wedding photo, stroke the glass surface before returning it to where it previously was.

I walk towards the bookshelf in the bedroom, where all my father's diaries were housed. I press my lips together before starting to check her writing. I start reading quickly, one by one, looking for anything that might help me understand the mate bond more.

I pick up a green leather-bound journal. My eyes skimmed the pages with much attention, but I knew that in it I had only written my father's first experience with the full moon, in that diary he detailed everything about when he activated his curse.

I put the diary where it was before reaching for another one. I pull hard, sending a random book flying off the shelf, landing on my foot. I growl, kicking the book away before turning my attention back to the journal in my hands, rummaging through it.